what lowcost wideangle recommend me between tokina sigma and tamron ?

marmagi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Nikon D7000 camera and I use it with nikon AF-S DX lenses

I would like to buy a:

Tokina AF AT-X 107 DX 10 mm - 17 mm F/3.5-4.5
Tamron SP AF 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 Di II LD
Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM

which one you recommend me most? are they fully compatible with Nikon D7000 ? autofocus and rest of camera functions will work ?

which lens you recommend me most? any other wideangle lens on the market you recommend me? not so expensive please

thanks

Mario

Big Mike

I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
You might also look at the Sigma 10-20mm.

Any of those lenses can be bought with a Nikon mount and they will work perfectly with your camera.

flatflip

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I want a wide lens for myD7000 too. I'll probably hold out for the Tokina 11-16 but it is $700. That's why I don't have it yet.

Guitar Guy has a Sigma 10-20 for $375 in the marketplace section of this forum. It is a few pages back.

Let us know what you finally get. Have Fun, Mick

spacefuzz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I have the Tamron 10-24 and it works ok. Some softness around the edges and CA at f/22ish. It performs fairly well at f/8. If you want to see what sort of images it puts out with a D7000, its what I usually shoot with: Flickr: M-Kuhns' Photostream

2WheelPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I want a wide lens for myD7000 too. I'll probably hold out for the Tokina 11-16 but it is $700. That's why I don't have it yet.

Guitar Guy has a Sigma 10-20 for $375 in the marketplace section of this forum. It is a few pages back.

Let us know what you finally get. Have Fun, Mick

You're going to enjoy that one.

andrewleephoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Photos OK to edit
I have a 10-20 that I'm trying to get rid of... It's on sale if u want it :p but the reason I want to get rid of mine is for the tokina because it is a lot faster. You could wait and save up some money for that if u want to go farther in terms of UWA lenses. Other than the speed, go for the sigma it has great reviews.

Markw

Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,

I have a Nikon D7000 camera and I use it with nikon AF-S DX lenses

I would like to buy a:

Tokina AF AT-X 107 DX 10 mm - 17 mm F/3.5-4.5
Tamron SP AF 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 Di II LD
Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM

which one you recommend me most? are they fully compatible with Nikon D7000 ? autofocus and rest of camera functions will work ?

which lens you recommend me most? any other wideangle lens on the market you recommend me? not so expensive please

thanks

Mario

The Tokina 10-17mm is a fisheye. Don't forget that.

Save up and go for the Tokina 11-16/2.8. It's arguably the best on the market in terms of IQ and distortion. CA is a tad bit of a problem, however. Any of the lenses will work with your camera, though. And, like Mike said, the Sigma 10-20 is a great lens. Just watch out for the terrible distortion on the F/4-5.6 version. I don't know if it's present in the F/3.5 version, but I would guess it is..

Mark

ghache

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
i have the tokina 12-24 F4 and i love it

flatflip

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
andrewleephoto said:
I have a 10-20 that I'm trying to get rid of... It's on sale if u want it :p but the reason I want to get rid of mine is for the tokina because it is a lot faster. You could wait and save up some money for that if u want to go farther in terms of UWA lenses. Other than the speed, go for the sigma it has great reviews.

AL, I forgot about your marketplace post. I wasn't showing favor, I've just been watching the other one for several weeks.

Mick

ulrichsd

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit

This lens is on my camera most of the time. It is about $400 ($300 less than the 11-16mm) so if you are looking for a bargain and don't need the 2.8, then it is a fun lens.

flatflip

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit

This lens is on my camera most of the time. It is about $400 ($300 less than the 11-16mm) so if you are looking for a bargain and don't need the 2.8, then it is a fun lens.

I wish I would have bought that lens when it was $400. Now it is $600.

ghache

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit

this is the version II of the lens, that has the focus motor in it.

Tokina 12-24mm f/4 AT-X 124 AF Pro DX Lens ATXAF124DXN B&H Photo

but its temporary unavailable. i think they have discontinued it. too bad because it was a hell of a good lens for the money.

flatflip

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit

this is the version II of the lens, that has the focus motor in it.

Tokina 12-24mm f/4 AT-X 124 AF Pro DX Lens ATXAF124DXN B&H Photo

but its temporary unavailable. i think they have discontinued it. too bad because it was a hell of a good lens for the money.

OK, I see. I thought there was a $400 one. I was considering it before but got distracted. Yea, that would be a good deal.

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
From everything i have researched and read, the Tokina 11-16mm is the one to have. I'd save up for that one.

Most reactions

New Topics