What LR preset and PS action packs would you recommend?

Leftyplayer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
There are tons of free ones out there and some are great for expediting post-processing. Others are a good start, then I tweak and customize. Mostly, I custom process with LR and PS - but there's the occasional photos that could use the "express" route.

What quality Lightroom presets and Photoshop (CS4) actions would you recommend trying out (free or otherwise). Thanks!

Coffeshopblog.com

I avoid preset and actions made by others - like they were a contagious disease.

I'll make my own presets, write my own actions, and do my own edits, thank you.

Last edited:
KmH said:
I avoid preset and actions made by others - like they were a contagious disease.

I'll do my own edits, thank you.

I agree. I have tons and tons of actions downloaded. I've tried them all but usually they don't seem to work - they usually make the images worse.

The link I gave for actions is a good site. None of the actions seem to work that well (for me) but she has tutorials for most of her actions. It helps me learn when I see how people do certain things in photoshop.

I have a few actions on hand but I'm beginning to learn my own. What I often do is when I click on the action, follow the steps as it goes through the action (some don't show the action in steps) and then re-create them so I understand how it's done.

Tee said:
I have a few actions on hand but I'm beginning to learn my own. What I often do is when I click on the action, follow the steps as it goes through the action (some don't show the action in steps) and then re-create them so I understand how it's done.

Yeah I kind of do the same thing. I've made a few simple workflow actions - they definitely make things go faster!

JHP Photoshop Actions. There are free ones and premium actions and presets that are really cheap. They have a great workflow set that I use that makes any photo look great from start to finish. Check them out.

www.jhpactions.com

Most reactions

New Topics

Back