What Makes a Photographer

The_Traveler said:
I agree that he is wrong but not that it is a lie, which is a knowing falsehood.

But if, for all intents and purposes, we can test his theory... If it is wrong then technically he did lie. An opinion is only an opinion until proved otherwise, yes?

I just wanted to get in on this convoluted opinionated action. :)

Last edited:
for me. A photographer is the person that works hard to use their equipment to the best of their ability ( not purchasing the best equipment because they believe it will make them better) - It's a person that goes to bed thinking about photography and wakes up thinking about photography. It's about the effort and desire that's put into it. Most will never do it for a living. Others will love it so much but never be able to understand how to compose an image or learn to use all the different software to "edit" an image. To some being a real photographer is about making money with it.

That's just my view on it. I see bad photographers making money doing weddings, events and portraits while others shoot fabulous photos and never do anything with it for money.

It's a historic moment, people. I'm actually going out shooting!

unpopular said:
It's a historic moment, people. I'm actually going out shooting!

...Yay! Lol I'm you're going to do some street themed photography with a title "From behind"

What makes a photographer is the person who takes the photograph! It takes time, paitence to make the photographer. To me only to me there is no such thing is a photographer no one is better than the other person as a photographer we all the same person no matter who you are and what photographs you have taken.

So you are saying a PRO with 30 years of experience is no better photographer than the new Facebook Pro that walked out of Best Buy three days ago with her new Entry level camera? I am confused!

Most reactions

Back