What may be the problem

nikkvictoriano

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just inherited an EOS3 and i think there is somethings wrong with it, well theres really a problem here

please do check out my shot below

i used the eos3 + 50mm 1.4 at f1.4, i am very much sure I focused on my sister for this shot but the end product is this
she is blurred and the gates behind her is sharp. same thing with my girlfriend's picture, i shot her on a train and in the bridge, she is blurred everything behind her is sharp well not really everything. i put on the lens on my 5D and 6D and it works perfectly without adjusting anything, i put my 100mm 2.8 L on the eos 3 and it also worked perfectly..... so which one has the problem

this is my sister
$005212860073 copy.jpg
EOS3 + 50mm at f1.4

this is my girlfriend
$1014081_10201122047440869_1764083217_n.jpg
EOS3 + 50mm at f1.4

I want both of them fixed hahahaha i want to use them on a wedding shoot soon
i used superia 400 btw for practice

Thank you guys :)

If the lens works perfectly on the 5 & 6D then I would guess that there's a focusing issue with the EOS3 that would require taking it to a repair shop to have corrected. If you have two good digital bodies however, I'm not really sure that I would see this as worthwhile unless you have a specific requirement for film.

And you're totally sure your focus point was set in the centre of the viewfinder? You could have knocked the focus point selector without realising it.

If the lens works perfectly on the 5 & 6D then I would guess that there's a focusing issue with the EOS3 that would require taking it to a repair shop to have corrected. If you have two good digital bodies however, I'm not really sure that I would see this as worthwhile unless you have a specific requirement for film.

we plan to reintroduce film photography on weddings here in the philippines... by the way this is where things gets confusing... i put my 100mm 2.8 L on the eos3 and it worked perfectly

i did a battery test, shot a calibration chart, and do a portrait with it and its sharp

Most reactions

New Topics

Back