What music gets you hip shakin

manda

instigator of pottymouthedness
Reaction score
Website
www.lyptonvillage.org
Generally my homes on the net are music sites and forums, as Im a big music fan.
Im interested to know what gets you toe tappin...

<--HUGE U2 fan
Radiohead..Smashing Pumpkins/Zwan..Blur..Jeff Buckley..Jamiroquai..Bjork..Coldplay..Chemical Brothers and lots of other dance/trance music
I swoon over Chris Isaak and Harry Connick Jr too :p

Who are your faves?

Presently I'm well into Audioslave/ Soundgarden I think Chris Cornell has a superb voice. I love REM and anything that makes me sit up and listen.

Elvis
Chris Isaak
Stray Cats
Brian Setzer Orchestra
Nick Curran and the Night lifes
1100 Springs

The Tragically Hip
Matthew Good Band/Matthew Good (recently went solo)
Led Zeppelin
Blue Rodeo
Big Sugar
Metallica
Soundgarden/Audioslave/Rage Against The Machine
54-40
Dave Matthews Band
Nirvana
and I should probably stop now, but I could keep going
btw...I'm kinda in a band myself...last I heard I still was although I haven't gotten together with the guys in a couple months.

Well I don't usually shake my hips. When I do I look pretty retarded. :lol:

Brian Setzer is my idol when it comes to guitar. I've always been a big fan of Rockabilly, swing and the like. Add to the list Don Gibson, Cash, and Dick Dale...

I think I have a pretty eclectic taste in music... I'll listen to pretty much anything!! AC/DC, Cold Chisel, Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Taxiride, Norah Jones, Savage Garden, Era, Enya, Bond, Robert Cray, Fleetwood Mac, Powderfinger, Foo Fighters, Live, Soundgarden, Stevie Ray Vaughan.... the list goes on and on and on....

Twistmyarm... what do you play? My hubby plays bass guitar but hasn't been in a band for a little while now - too busy with work etc :(

trust company, deftones, metallica, radiohead, hot hot heat, further seems forever, dashboard confessional, Zao, juliana theory....

md

think I have a pretty eclectic taste in music...
Well if our list can include non hip shakin music...

Almost anything acid jazz. Amon Tobin, United Future Organization, Towa Tei, El Gotan Project. Not really hip shakin due to the breakbeat...

My first exposure to music was listening and then playing classical so I like quite a bit there.

Old 97s are one of my favorite bands.

I may have been born at the end of the Sixties , but you'd think my mum had the longest labour ever, as my taste in music is spread out over about nearly sixty years.

Love early rock: Bill haley, Chubby Checker, Herman's Hermits, Beatles (not their drug induced music though) and the rest.

Into Midnight Oil, Live, Smashing Pumpkins, Jamiroquai etc etc.

I'll shake my tail feather to just about anything :)

Well, hip shaking, no... circle pits and slam-dancing for me... hehe

Spoken, ZAO, As I Lay Dying, The Agony Scene, Dead Poetic, Demon Hunter, MeWithoutYou, Stretch Arm Strong, Norma Jean, Beloved, Blindside, Chevelle, Cell Dweller, Living Sacrifice, The Juliana Theory, Nodes of Ranveir, Still breathing... Heh... weee, good stuff! Best part is, I'll be seeing a lot of them at a music festival in 3 days. I'm bound to get some awesome band pictures in there!

agony_image.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back