What Nikon D80 offer is better in your opinion?

LaLO929

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
After a lot of research and more research I have decided to purchase a Nikon D80. Now that I have made that choice, I am unsure of what lens to go with. There are two that I am looking at. They both include...
Nikon D80 10.2MP Digital SLR Camera and Rechargeable Li-ion Battery, charger, A/V cable, USB cable, Body cap, eyepiece cap, rubber eyecup, LCD monitor cover, accessory shoe cover, PictureProject CD-ROM and owner's manual, Warranty

1. From Best Buy. I can purchase it right away and don't have to wait. It only has the one lens. 18-135mm f/3.5 - f/5.6 DX Zoom-Nikkor lens
****$807.49 (on sale)

Nikon - 10.2MP Digital SLR Camera - Black - D80

2. From an online store. It would be put on back order because it is not available at this time. However it has two lenses in the offer. 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR (vibration reduction) & Nikon 55mm-200mm F/4-5.6G ED-IF AF-S DX VR (vibration reduction)
****$835 (with shipping)

9658 Nikon D80 Digital SLR "2" lens kit with 18 - 55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR (Vibration Reduction) & Nikon 55mm - 200mm f/4-5.6G ED-IF AF-S DX VR (Vibration Reduction) & DVD , USA Warranty

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks.

Well depends on how fast you want it. The one on back order could be a week or as long as a month. So you have to answer as to wether you want to wait that long.

Are the 2 lenses better then the one? I've been reading VR and it sounds like it is important.

If you could spare the extra cash, the D90 is an investment worth and extra USD300.

Here is the lens kit, and here's the body only. If you'd get the body only, you could get some older or used lenses to compensate for the price difference.

Of the two kits you mention, I'd go for the second one (two lenses). I believe the lenses are better, and it's always a good thing to get into the habit of switching lenses.

Neither. Get this , and for a lens, this. You can get the body for a lot cheaper than you're willing to pay, and if you're serious about photography it is not going to be long before you dump the plastic kit lenses. This combo will get you the D80 and a professional grade lens for ~$860.

And yes, the two lenses are much better than 1. You'd want to steer clear of lenses with large zoom ranges.

you are spending WAY to much on antiquated bodies and poor lenses, I would do more research on this site. . .

#2 hands down, but second going for the d 90 much better from what iv read, as for vr depends on what you shooting, it most effective when shooting at slow shutter speeds, aka sports does not matter, and on a tripod does not matter.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back