What Nikon film body?

hacksaw35

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys,
I would like to get a Nikon film body. I love my D80, and would just like another body that I could shoot b&w film on with my current lenses.
What do you recommend?
Thanks.

The N80. It's essentially a D80 on film. You can get them off Craigslist for as low as $75

F4 is a lot of bang for the bucks... that's my pick.

F100, F4 or F5 are great, F6 maybe too much camera to handle...
But, if you don't mind with manual focus camera, I'll go with F3

I figured the N80 would serve my purposes, and found a great deal.
I had a 50mm 1.8 ($115) on my Christmas list for low light situations, and I found an N80 (barely used), bundled with the 50mm, & 2 Hoya filters for $150. Merry Christmas to me!
Thanks for all the comments.

I agree wih Sabbath about the F4 being a especially great value right now but one question, why buy a second body for B+W when conversions done with some skill can look at least as good if not better than images shot on film.

Some people will always want to shoot film (at least as long as it is available), and I have to respect that... however, I feel that film is a slowly dying white elephant. It's time has passed, though some hard core photographers refuse to accept it.

That is entirely to their credit and their choice.

If I could, I would shoot B&W film...(true B&W, not C41)...but I don't have a film body, and that stuff is expensive...

If I could, I would shoot B&W film...(true B&W, not C41)...but I don't have a film body, and that stuff is expensive...

It's really not so bad if you know how to properly expose the film.

..... It's time has passed, though some hard core photographers refuse to accept it.

That is entirely to their credit and their choice.

Yes Jerry, I'm one of those who refuse to accept it, but not a hard core... I just still enjoy shooting film (mostly BW), it's between nostalgia and satisfaction, I don't do darkroom, I wish I could do much better darkroom, but it's very difficult to learn...

There is nothing like standing under the red lights watching a black and white print emerge in a tray full of Dektol... it is just like magic.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back