What Nikon?

ababysean

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Will the non auto focus lens worth with?

example

I have the Nikon D3000. I can not get the regular 50mm because the auto focus is in the lens, making the lens so expensive, I'd rather just upgrade cameras and get the non AF-S lens.

Just wondering what the next level is, or the next camera up from the entry DSLR Nikon D3000 that does NOT autofocus in the lens...

Or should I just get the canon version or the D3000?

D90 or used D80, D70, or D50.
The D200, D300, and a few others will work as well (there's more, but those are the most popular that aren't completely outdated).

Basically, anything besides the D40, D60, D5000, or D3000 will work.

Will these also work with off camera flash the SB-600? or do I need to upgrade the flash as well? I thought somewhere (probably in the manual of the sb-600) I saw you could set it off camera with certain other cameras using the flash on camera as the trigger?

D70, D80, D90, D200, D300 all support commander mode.

My next camera is a D90. You can use your old AF-S lenses and regular AF lenses. I have broken my plastic tabs on my AF-S lense and am tired of fixing them. Garbage they went and now I have all AF lenses that I manually focus on my D40. I just posted on the other post about this problem and according to a guy on that one he says all newer lenses will work on our cameras. Not sure where he has been shopping but I have yet to find non AF-S lenses that will work. I say get a D 90. I have found them on Amazon.com for upper $600 and up but just for body only. Kit lenses are extra.

but i already have my lenses, so...

I just dont want to pay 550 dollars for a af-s 50mm when I could get one for under 100 af only, and use the extra 450 for a camera upgrade.

Go for the 90. It's the best bang for the buck when it comes to upgrading lenses

but i already have my lenses, so...

I just dont want to pay 550 dollars for a af-s 50mm when I could get one for under 100 af only, and use the extra 450 for a camera upgrade.
Get the D90. Maybe you can sell your camera on ebay to get some money torwards your new camera.

I upgraded from a D50 to a D90, and I kept the D90 as a loaner. When my family and friends need something a bit better than a point and shoot I let them borrow it. I'm really glad I kept it because they enjoy it so much.

Except the AF-S lens is f1.4 and the AF lens f1.8. Thats almost a half stop difference. And when it comes to fast glass you pay for speed. A 50 f1.4 is next on my list of lenses to get.

How about used?

I saw Adorama had some Nikon 50mm manual focus lenses in their used dept. Don't know if they're compatable with your camera but they may know.

It is compatible but not autofocus.

how hard is it to not have autofocus?

Most reactions

Back