what photo is better?

I have to agree with you guys....Make a statement and then support it.

I know, there's freedom of speech, but I believe the basis of this forum is to be constructive along with opinions.

Personally, I think the shot is OK, he tried seeming different and that good enough!

I prefer the color over the b+w. It looks a little too contrast-y and there's a lot of detail lost in the darks. I know from shooting on very bright days that it's almost inevitable that some detail will be lost in the blacks. maybe try to bracket when shooting or using a grey card to get the best exposure. :)

Furthermore..............
Ugg, this was just the type of thing I was going on about yesterday. Poster with 11 posts, no website, no photo posts, talking about how much "this" photo sucks.
My opinion is, if you can do it better, do it, and then show it, in a nice way, to show how to better the photo. Not some glib crap about lunchtime. That speaks to, and informs, noone.
Sorry to jack the thread, but this HAS to stop.

:thumbup:

I think the 1st one looks best, and since I Love the outdoors I can understand what this shot means.
It IS a work of art and it was captured at a nice angle.

Guys, everyone has thier own style of giving critique. If you really look closely at what I wrote, it's not that bad. If you guys are going to jump on people for replies like that, then speak with the mods, and come up with a list of acceptable replies, then we can all just copy/paste. If he/she thinks that is a great idea, then maybe your points are valid. If he/she replies with an "lol", then maybe they aren't.

A little while ago I recieved much worse critique for a set of photos. It was downright rude, and just mean. At the time I was furious, but you know what I did? I immediatly(literally) grabbed my camera, and went out to shoot more. It was the best kick in the nuts I ever had. I ended up thanking the person.

Me too! Show us more, 'cause I might want to steal your ideas. Hehe!

What Elsa meant to say was, "Me too! Show us more so I might gain inspiration from your work."

:mrgreen:

the photo did mean something to me

here is the origional shot

it was ver weird seeing a completly white tree so thats why i liked it

i have only had my camera for 2 months so i am still completly learning

here is the origional shot
pondhuntpark120.jpg

I quite liked the colour shot. The sky was a beautiful shade of blue. The B & W one didn't do it for me I think it was too grey not dark enough. But the colour shot is ok. The sky makes it.

I personally like the color shot... as I too love color! I think it was a very creative perspective.

i honestly think the b+w one. i think it almost gives it a dreamy feel. and an older feel, which i personally like.

articsilber323,

You mentioned that you thought it was a cool tree. With your third shot, I start to see why you think it was a cool tree, I didn't see that with the first two. The light blue sky, accents the white tree very well. I tried to make the color pop a little more, but nothing I tried looked better to me than the original. Also, your latest image lends itself to b&w quite well.

Just adding a border helps...
pondhuntpark120.jpg

b&w(ish)
pondhuntpark120-1-2.jpg

yea i just quickly uploaded the picture just to show you what it looked like origionally

thanks for the chops they look amazing

i actually like the original better... granted, that intense blue sky you showed us first was great, but i'd much rather see the detail in the tree w/ the bark. and there is still quite a bit of contrast between the branches and the sky.

I like the original best, also. The white bark stands out more, and it looks very soft with the pale blue sky and white clouds. It might just be my monitor, but the tree looks more brown than white in the first photo posted. I might try punching up the curves slightly, but it's very nice as it is.

Ok, I am going to be in the minority on this one :lol:, but I like the B+W of the original one better. The color one is nice but it did not generate any feelings/emotions for me, while the B+W one seem to give me a creepy/haunted feeling. My vote goes for the B+W one :thumbup:.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back