What Photography means to me. . .

FeistyFeeFee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yeah, I'm back in elementary school. I love taking really old mangled or not old and mangled images and making them look as if they were taken yesterday. I like taking a photo of someone and making them look like super models or cool celebrities. The first time I 'restored' a photo was when my husband took this picture of his neice and himself that was folded in half in his wallet. Yeah, it was a travesty. She had on flowered pants and they were in front of my in-laws house which was wooden house that was weathered back then. So after working on it for hours, you couldn't see the fold tear or tell that this house had not been painted since my husband and his sisters were small children, lol. That was the last moment I was so proud of myself and that was the moment I when I could not get enough of restoration. I scan old photos and do up the color, take off the scratches, ect. There is no greater satisfaction that taking something that someone else holds dear and makes it new again.

On the other hand, I did a Halloween manipulation of myself that I cannot look at because it is so scarry, lol. Something else I love to do. Now if I can only find some subjects to photograph so I can do them up.:p

For my great uncle's memorial service I was tasked with copying and assembling roughly 400-500 pictures from various decades and various parts around the world into a number of large collages. The bulk were good enough to be photocopied but the rest were in need of restoration, and it was tremendously satisfying to restore each and every one to their former glory.

Most reactions

Back