What pictures to use in portfolio?

mortallis288

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
OK, i am trying to get a parttime helper/learning job, i was going to make a portfolio of my work. Question is since im going for portait and wedding photographers should i just do portaits or should i include animal shots, flower shots, wilderness shots too?

I would put your very best work, whether it's portraits or not. You want to show off your creative eye even if it's not necessarily your portrait work. But, if you have enough good portrait work, I'd probably just show that if you are dealing specifically with a portrait studio because I imagine they probably won't care as much about your flower shots.
Good luck:)

i do not think i am that great but i would like to learn about lighting and basic setup for portait shotting and what all goes into a wedding/portiat shot. I have only been shooting for about a 8 months. Is this to early to try to look for a helper/goffer job?

i do not think i am that great but i would like to learn about lighting and basic setup for portait shotting and what all goes into a wedding/portiat shot. I have only been shooting for about a 8 months. Is this to early to try to look for a helper/goffer job?

It's never too early... but don't tell people that you don't think you're very good... tell photographers that you're new, eager, and VERY willing to learn.

It's never too early... but don't tell people that you don't think you're very good... tell photographers that you're new, eager, and VERY willing to learn.

Something I learned from a great episode of Star Trek TNG: Never tell people why and how you're going to fail before you even try.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back