What plugins?

Eyetattoo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just downloaded Lightroom and Photoshop CS4 and am wondering which plugins I should download to start off with? Thanks!

Okay now I feel like a computer moron. I downloaded the Camera Raw Updater 5.4 and the Camera Raw 4.6 converter and still cannot get Photoshop to open my RAW files......what am I doing wrong?

I personally love onOne's Phototools 2.0. Also there are ones from Lucis, Digimarc and Alien Skin that are worth grabbing.

Did you follow the instructions properly or did you just click ok, i agree, next, next, ok, when installing CameraRAW. On my computer it got the installation directory wrong.

... I downloaded the Camera Raw Updater 5.4 and the Camera Raw 4.6 converter and still cannot get Photoshop to open my RAW files......what am I doing wrong?

Two things:

1. Downloading the files is one thing. Installing them correctly is another. Did you actually install the Camera RAW Update v5.4? You should not install Camera RAW v4.6 when using Photoshop CS4. You need the newest of the version 5.x of Camera RAW. The newest is currently v5.4 although a "Release Candidate" of v5.5 is available.

2. All cameras are different. Most same RAW images in a proprietary format. The RAW converter you use must be newer than your camera. You should always specify exactly what camera you are using when posting questions about reading RAW files. What camera are you using?

... I downloaded the Camera Raw Updater 5.4 and the Camera Raw 4.6 converter and still cannot get Photoshop to open my RAW files......what am I doing wrong?

Two things:

1. Downloading the files is one thing. Installing them correctly is another. Did you actually install the Camera RAW Update v5.4? You should not install Camera RAW v4.6 when using Photoshop CS4. You need the newest of the version 5.x of Camera RAW. The newest is currently v5.4 although a "Release Candidate" of v5.5 is available.

2. All cameras are different. Most same RAW images in a proprietary format. The RAW converter you use must be newer than your camera. You should always specify exactly what camera you are using when posting questions about reading RAW files. What camera are you using?
Yes I downloaded the files and installed them in the plugin folder (cant remember the subfolder now, as Im at work) And the camera I am using is the Nikon D3000 as it says in my signature ;)

So which folder in CS4 do I put the Camera Raw 5.4 in?

The D3000 is not compatible yet with RAW in LR.

Edit: Sorry, was reading your RAW thread. ;)

Last edited:
I prefer the Nik software plug-ins such as Viveza and EFEX. They speed up workflow considerably.

skieur

I could be wrong, but the D3000 may not be compatible yet. I may be wrong, though.

that's what CameraRaw 5.5 is supposed to resolve, along with the D300s
and some cameras by other makers.

You asked about plugins, so, if you intend to be watermarking stuff, LR2 Mogrify.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back