What process is this image suitable for?

EleanorW

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sorry guys, but I am having trouble getting my head around this hdr, tonemapping, etc stuff still.

Here is 1 picture, 2 exposures.

615830305_x3LTs-M.jpg

615830318_exDnW-M.jpg

To do an HDR you want at least 3 exposures, preferably +2 EV, 0, -2EV.

I just updated my Photomatix Pro and ran your 2 small JPEGs through it to check out some of the changes:

615830305_x3LTs-MAnd1more_tonemappe.jpg

Last edited:
You might try just layering the image into one file (drag & drop). Then use a layer mask to cover the parts you want to show through from the lower layer.

Layer mask ... hmm something else I need to go read up on. Heck, I just learned how to use layers for the first time on Monday :D . I like yours KmH, just the floor looks a little odd. You guys have given me some stuff to try. Thanks!

I like the layer mask version more...

Looks like the interior of the barn is being lit by the light coming through the open door.

The HDR version just looks way too bright for a barn with no lights in it.

Looks good. I would darken the door a little bit (since it is in the shade - looking at the light coming in).

I really don't like being a newbie... so I have to ask.. how do I accomplish that - with another mask?

Never mind me... I just figured it out. I hate that, ask a question and then discover the answer myself :D

631425994_LmxgC-L.jpg

Thanks - I fixed the angle too so the roof was straighter - it was driving me nuts the old way :)

Final and straight version lol...

631760918_Kuf6N-L.jpg

Most reactions

Back