What should I buy?

XxGimmeMorexX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,

I dont know what kind of camera to buy :(

I want to be able to shoot celebrities without having to wait for the camera to warm up. When I hit the button the camera needs to shoot, and if I hold the button down I want them camera to keep shooting until I lift my finger off of the button. I dont think I am explaining myself well, I hope someone here can help me.

Most newer cameras boot up very fast. My Pentax K10D will allow shooting in less than half a second. I can continuously shoot or do very quick singles. I think the higher end Canons and Nikons are even faster. If you think you will be shooting in low light conditions to shoot celebs then get a Canon they have fast low light focus.

Well, budget will help us help you. But if you do have some cash on hand, then a Nikon or Canon would be good for this. The newer ones, like the 40D, have a high fps. So, you'll be able to click the shutter repeatedly really fast, you don't hold it down. As for lenses, you'll need something fast to shoot in the typical low light of this type of photography. A flash may also come in handy. They all start up really fast, so don't worry about that. Once again, budget.

Hello :)

Ive heard great things about the Nikon D40(x) or D80 startup times... 0.14seconds or something which is pretty fast :p

They are both 3fps so arn't quite as fast as some but still...

(Saving for a D80 myself)

Well, budget will help us help you. But if you do have some cash on hand, then a Nikon or Canon would be good for this. The newer ones, like the 40D, have a high fps. So, you'll be able to click the shutter repeatedly really fast, you don't hold it down. As for lenses, you'll need something fast to shoot in the typical low light of this type of photography. A flash may also come in handy. They all start up really fast, so don't worry about that. Once again, budget.

You actually do hold the shutter down...
I get like 3FPS holding down the shutter of my Digital Rebel XT...(in RAW)
Any new SLR will do the same or better...

lol, i just need an slr!

Most reactions

Back