What should I charge?

lloydh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lloydh.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I am selling my kit to upgrade to a d700, so my question is how much should I charge for a nikon d80, nikkor 70-300mm vr, tamron 10-24mm and a sigma 18-125mm.

Thanks for looking and I look forward to your responses :thumbup:

I would wait for the full depths of winter to come, and then list the setup on e-Bay, with a very high Buy It Now price, and hope for a sucker. Put the word "RARE!" in the description, several times. I have seen this technique pay off many,many times, like , "Pentax Spotmatic with RARE!!! 50mm f/1.4 Super-Takumar lens".

Like this guy is doing, for example: Canon F1 Olympic High Speed with Battery Pack & Cord - eBay (item 320484217748 end time Nov-01-10 17:19:24 PDT)

You just never know...perhaps you'll get a couple of loners with cabin fever who get into a bidding war for your setup, and end up paying through the nose...

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
You just never know...perhaps you'll get a couple of loners with cabin fever who get into a bidding war for your setup, and end up paying through the nose...

Hahahah. When I was like 12 I posted my old nintendo gameboy on e-bay, with no games, no battery, and no battery charger - I set the buy it now as $1,000,000 and someone ended up buying it higher than the price of a brand new one (with battery and charger) after getting into a bidding war.

My advice though would be no e-bay because they take so much money from what you make it's ridiculous. If you do decide to go that route then make sure you set an auction low price (can't think of the word I want [so that you don't get screwed over if the bidding doesn't go how you think it will])

[ If you do decide to go that route then make sure you set an auction low price (can't think of the word I want [so that you don't get screwed over if the bidding doesn't go how you think it will])[/QUOTE]

Reserve price is the term your looking for I think.

So I am selling my kit to upgrade to a d700, so my question is how much should I charge for a nikon d80, nikkor 70-300mm vr, tamron 10-24mm and a sigma 18-125mm.

Thanks for looking and I look forward to your responses :thumbup:
The condition of your gear has a significant bearing on what you can ask for it, as does the shutter actuation count for the D80.
If you have all the original box(s), accessories, and manuals that came with the gear that also supports your pricing.

It's not likely you will be able to sell it all together as a kit for as much as you could get selling the camera body and lenses separately

Also consider that there is asking price, and there is selling price.

Most reactions

Back