What software should I use ?

wwalford

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi All

Thanks for stopping by, I just wanted to find out some software info. I want to start a small business on the side so that I can make a little extra money from my hobby. I have a business plan but I obviously do not want to pop out tons of cash to get it started as it is only a side line business for me. Essentially my question is what software can I use to create decent photo albums (digital -pdf- and printed) that is either open source or relatively low cost.

I just need something that allows you to create various layouts and themes but yet not top notch and super expensive.

If anyone has some advise/examples on software or some links to open source software please let me know.

Thanks
Wesley

What platform?

Photoshop Elements is pretty darned good.
There's always Gimp.
Shouldn't this be a part of your business plan?

Lighroom 4 has this functionality built-in; I can't imagine starting a business without that piece of software.

Yes, it should.

You want a graphics application, like GIMP, Photoscape, Photoshop Elements, Corel Paint Shop Pro, etc.

However, for business and for designing photo albums you will want to have a raster graphics capability and a vector graphics capability. The ones mentioned above are all raster graphics applications.
A free online vector application is Inkscape. I don't know if Corel's PSP has any vector capabilites. I think Photoshop Elements has limited vector capabilities, like the Pen tool.

Thanks all for the posts. And it is part of the business plan , hence why I am trying to find out which software and costs before I start.
I have had a look at Photoshop and lightroom. Will have a look at the others you have mentioned. Thanks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back