What the f*** happend to the sunrise?!!!

triggerhappy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Yes folks, its been another one of those days. Yesterday, in a fit of entusiasm, I decided to drive to the beach this morning to photograph the sunrise. Thus decided I duely awoke at 4.30am for the hours drive to the beach. Unfortunatley I was rather full of the christmas cheer yesterday so sligtly hungover. Not a good start.

Got worse once I hit black ice on the way. Nearly came off the road a few times, but blind luck and ignorance kept me going. Of course there wouldn't have been nearly as much black ice if I hadn't got lost twice.

Arrived at the beach at 5.30 to discover that the sun doesn't start coming up till about 6.30/7 in the winter. *£&@!"!@@@!XXXX - or words to that effect. Passed a very cold hour by taking pictures of the moon.

Eventually the sun came up but I then discovered that my beach faces north, so no chance of seeing the sunrise anyway.

However still managed to get some very pretty pictures and was feeling like it was all worthwhile. Then noticed that the camera had been set on manual focus and half the pics were, to put it nicely, not very sharp. *£&@!"!@@@!XXXX - or words to that effect.

Took a few more pics and decided to abandon ship. Survived the ice on the way back home and have sorted through the miriad of OOF picutres.

original.jpg

original.jpg

Sounds like my trips :lol:

Oh well, chalk it up to experience and try again next time.

These shots are nice I really like No 1.

Eric

Being a bit of a sunrise/beach freak for photos, I like em.

#1 is a beauty.

Sorry to read about all of your problems on the way to take these great pictures. I like both of them however #1 is my fav.

I am starting to prefer pictures of sunrises/sunscts where one does not get ovewhelmed by colors. I like the graduating tones better, plus one does not end up with only a silhouet of the foreground. Good picture.

Thansk for looking everyone! :D

Firstly I must apologise for the absoultely terrible spelling in the post!

Hertz, it's Cromer not saafend.

Bokeh - give the sun back dagnamit!

Bokeh said:
The sun is still here - it's right in the palm of my hands!

sunset.jpg

tracy, did u take that sunset photo? i just got an joke email that had that image (along with others) sent to me yesterday..

Thats an awesome idea!!! Splendid!

Most reactions

Back