What the flock?

Antarctican

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was watching 3 kayakers enjoy an early morning paddle in Toronto Harbour when all of a sudden, wave after wave of Canada geese came flying low over the water, directly at them. This went on for about 90 seconds, and involved about 2,000 geese flying by.

img7606pryu3.jpg

img7605pcrbd0.jpg

What a scene, what a spectacle! Wow!
And did the kayakers yield and give right of way or did they carry on but had to duck for the geese on occasion? Could you watch that?

The kayakers looked pretty nervous, actually! They stopped when the geese started coming at them, and 'ducked' down (no pun intended). But when it became clear that the geese would 'part' to fly around them, they carried on, ducking down every now and then when some geese got very close. It really was an odd sight to see sooooo many geese flying so low over the water, without rising up in the air.

Looks like they were heading for the Island. Good thing they kept down low to avoid the traffic pattern for the airport. Those guys could take down a plane for sure.

Some one must have had a big bag of bread they were throwing away and they spotted it :)

Eric

Well captured - your balcony must be in the Airport flightpath at that altitude.

Those were military geese on a scouting run...gathering intel...infiltrating the boats an trying to get information out of the crew, it's a covert mission, if we tell you what they're doing there, we'll have to kill ya!

Yup, flying low to avoid being picked up by radar. I would have loved to have been one of those kayakers. That has to be a once in a life time experience.

Great shot. Sorry I missed it when it was first posted.

You must be very tall.

OwO.... "WoW" was taken so I thought that I would use Wow's close couson... OwO... I means the same thing but 10 times better...

Most reactions

Back