What the heck do I charge for this?

Sweetsomedays

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Someone wants to buy one of the photo's I took of the knight to use on his website. He makes the Caparison/horse covers for this particular knight and it would be used specificly to demonstrate the product to potential buyers on his website.

What does one charge for something like this? I would include the copywrite with it, I have a villion photos of this particular knight so one image wont make a difference to me.

I wouldn't know what to charge, but something that may keep you from headaches in the future is to get a model release from this 'knight' if you don't already have one. This will keep everything legal as the image will be used for commercial advertisement.

I need that even if it was taken at a public event, correct?

P.s. Is it still legal if he signs it and e-mails it or faxes back to me? He's in Australia and I am in the US.

I need that even if it was taken at a public event, correct?

Unless you can't tell who he is by looking at the photo. But even then, it would be good to have one just in case.

As for signing and faxing/emailing, I would *think* that would be okay..other legal documents can be done this way in lots of cases. But I'm no lawyer.. ;)

K, you can only tell who he is by his crest and armor. He has a helmet on so you can't see his face but I think the whole knight outfit and personilzed crest is a dead give away ;)

Ok, here is what I am thinking for anyone who reads this.
Once I have recieved a model release form of course.
$30 USD
-Copywrite release
-High res cd/dvd/ or in this case perhaps e-mailed if the customer wishes.

Does that sound good? I have not sold any of my images yet, not even tried.

$30??? I'd think you could probably do better than that. How much money does this person stand to make off the photo?

Greg

Seeing as there are none of these particular items listed on the website yet I have no clue... I'm assuming each one costs over $300. It's allot of materiel.

I think for sure you should get a model-release first (even that you cannot identify him by his face, the event and outfit/colors he wears are identifiable). Once you have that you can sell the image, and since it's for advertising purposes I'd really charge a minimum of $150, preferably $250 for a high-res file. In your copyright agreement you should definitely state that the photo can only be used for web-publishing (not to be sold) and maybe you can include an allowance of 5000 prints for promotional purposes only.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back