What they become

Chiller

Mental case
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A while back this stump in front used to look like that downed tree in the back. Pretty soon they will look alike.
snapped this the other morning on one of my 6am walks

IMG_5729aa.jpg

And the water washes over them and "carves" and "cuts" and smoothes out and ...

So good to see a "before" and an "after" in one photo! Well spotted, framed and taken!

And it seems like at this time of the year you get some wonderful light during your 6 a.m. walks (is it dog-walking that makes you go for that kind of early-morning-exercise?).

Thank you Corinna. I love the mornings, and the light is like this quite a bit. I take pooch there as much as I can, and it is people-less and peaceful. During the winter that tree will disappear under the large chunks of ice and will end up like the other stump by spring.

Beautiful shot, with that gorgeous sunrise, and the 'ravages of time' connection between the stump and downed tree.

Love it. You always produce such great work.

Thanks so much everyone. Appreciate your kind words.

Thank you Corinna. I love the mornings, and the light is like this quite a bit. I take pooch there as much as I can, and it is people-less and peaceful. During the winter that tree will disappear under the large chunks of ice and will end up like the other stump by spring.

It would be really nice to see it again as it dissaperars under and emerges from the ice, what are the skys like through the winter? and is it just too cold to try?

tim

Thanks again for your comments.
Tim...this shot was taken last February from almost the exact same spot where I was standing. It will be interesting to see what is left in the spring. The ice gets really thick around this area.

IceLakea.jpg

Most reactions

Back