What to do: Shady business

sincere

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This photographer asked me to do post production for one of his customers and we agreed on a price. Next thing you know, he wanted like 6-7 changes wich i did within 24 hours and i should normally charge him extra for but i didnt. I found out about those changes after I approached him. Many time a week has passed until i found out. If those changes where so important, why hasnt he approched me?

His whole behaviour pattern all lead to one thing: he wanted to make it look like i didnt do a good enough job so he could try to lower the price. Unfortunately a method that happens a lot in this line of work.

Now this asshole doesnt wanna pay me, completely flipping the script like it was all my fault that it took a long time til the customer got the work.

I just wrote him a mail and told him to overthink his decision because this could harm his business in the city as a photographer because of how dirty he worked but i dont wanna take it there..i tried to talk to him a few times but he totally tried to flip the thing around.

Any advice?

Simple, If you did the work, and it is what you said you were going to do. Send Him a Bill. Send the invoice and let him know he has 15 days to pay. If not charge interest and take him to small claims court. It will cost him alot more to fight you than to just pay what he owes.

Lodging a set of proceedings with a court could cost you much more than what the total of the amount he owes you. Legal system is slow and the outcome cannot be gauranteed (even if you obtain orders in your favour, there is no guarantee that the other guy will actually pay).

Like SpeedTrap said, issue an invoice, much simpler.

I should take it to the streets with this dude..tire iron style..

Most reactions

Back