What to get a 12 yr old girl.

anicole said:
(then when she returns home, she'll tell all of her friends "isn't this cool? MY brother got it for me!"

Grounds for hero worship!

This is essentially what i'm going for.

AlisonPower said:
I like Terri's idea of a gift certificate and you be the one to take her shopping. I loved anything my brother ever got me. Brothers and sisters have a special bond :D

Ditto. See the bold text.

If you live far away, then making the effort to come visit and take her shopping will go a long ways. Even if she doesn't realize it when she's 12, she might realize how cool you were when she's looking back at 24.

Let us know what you decide on and how she reacts. Cheers!

You know, you guys have a big point. I live in Toronto. If I can get her down here for one of my days off....and take her to buy some clothing at the big stores here, she'll love it. That's it. I'm suggesting the idea this weekend.

She's going to love me oh so much. Thanks guys.

Go figure that the best way to please a girl is to let HER choose what she wants.

bace said:
Go figure that the best way to please a girl is to let HER choose what she wants.

Naw... It's not so much her getting to choose what she wants, it's the time that you spend with her that counts dude. If it was just the stuff, I'd say grab her a couple of cute outfits or an MP3 player. Most 12 year old girls would be tickled with that kind of stuff.

Ok, so I have some fairly recent experience with this...I have 5 little cousins whom I adore, and always go all out for them for X-mas (partly cuz I feel guilty cuz I don't see em very much anymore)...anyway, 3 of em are girls...this year, one will be 15, the other two 13, so I'll tell you some of the things I have gotten over the past few years for them.

The year before last was the big hit...I was able to get lava lamps, and a couple other cool little light up novelty items for thier bedrooms..they LOVED them. I got other things, but can't remember what. Last year I got some little chapstick sets (with candy flavors, like 'Juju Beads' and 'Tootsie Pop')...little soap sets that were decorative and smelly (good smelly)...I think they looked and smelled like lolipops, or something. Aroudn that age, they are starting to grow up a little, and they are VERY subject to wanting the cutesy little 'make-ups' and things like all their friends have. I also got each of them a small bottle of a fairly inexpensive perfume, because all of them had already started experimenting with make-ups and perfumes...I think I got them Adidas Adrenaline for her. It's not too expensive, smells good, and pink, which a lot of girls that age seem to love. :lol: This year, I got a good deal on a bunch of novelty-type stuff for their bedrooms again (coudn't pass it up at 90% off).

When I talk about novelty lights, I am talking along the lines of things like this:

11414370.jpg

59908copy.jpg

These aren't the exact things I got, but along these lines.

If I can think of other things, I'll let you know...hope this helps a little.

Oh, and I would actually be careful with clothes...I don't know about your sister, but I was REEEAALLY picky at that age.

bace said:
You know, you guys have a big point. I live in Toronto. If I can get her down here for one of my days off....and take her to buy some clothing at the big stores here, she'll love it. That's it. I'm suggesting the idea this weekend.

She's going to love me oh so much. Thanks guys.

Take her to Yorkdale or the Eaton Centre .... at 12 just hanging with you without parental supervision and with your wallet will be a blast :mrgreen:

I'm agreeing with the rest of the 'take her shopping' crew. Also, maybe make a day of it, take her out for lunch and the movies ( her pick...and yes, it may be a chic-flick but it's her day and big bro has to play along ;) ).

I know it's soppy but the quality time she spends with her bro will be remembered and cherished long after her gift loses it's sparkle.

Man.... i don't think you'd ever stop being the 'cool' brother. You're pretty choice. :mrgreen:

Spend the day with her... and treat her like you'd treat one of your mates (except I wouldn't go to the pub :confused: ).... she's not a little kid anymore and she'll thank you for not treating her like a baby.

Remember what you were like when you were 12? You thought you were the hottest **** didn't ya?! hehee.. 12 year olds are so cooool! Still young enough to listen to ya... but old enough to actually be human and carry a decent conversation.

12 year olds are so cooool! Still young enough to listen to ya... but old enough to actually be human and carry a decent conversation.

Just don't try to keep up with them in text messaging. Ha, leave you in the dust.

well for the first time ever bace, i think i can call you "sweet" :D

i don't know if your sister is into gadget stuff, but here's a cool site you might want to try out, saying that what Alison said is a great idea, just another site incase :)

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/

Most reactions

New Topics

Back