What to get next?

El2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have some money and I am debating whether I want to get some studio lighting or get another lens.

I have the following accessories so far:

Canon 100 mm f2.8
Tamron 28-75 mm f2.8
Canon 50 mm f1.8
580 EXII speedlight

Any advice on the next lens or studio lighting. I do not want to break the bank. My budget is probably under $500.

I am in a similar position as you, and I'm seriously considering getting a lightstand and an umbrella, along with a synch cord, and using my 580EXII in that fashion (Cough! Strobist, cough!!!)

I am looking at the strobist beginner kit, I think I am a bit intimidated and need to understand more about studio lighting :(

I've been debating on some cybersyncs vs. saving and busting my piggy on picket wizards. I could sure use the extra cash for stands, umblrellas, etc. How do you like your cybersyncs, bjorkfiend?

Yeah, I'll prolly end up put my money down on some CyberSyncs. The most I've ever been away from my subject is about 25 feet.

I think the new PWs have some TTL support (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here) and that would be the only thing that would make up for the huge price difference in my opinion.

I still get so frustrated with TTL. Every photo seems like a different exposure. I know I must be doing something wrong. I've had more success in manual so that's were I stay =) I'm just lazy like that.:lol:

I've been debating on some cybersyncs vs. saving and busting my piggy on picket wizards. I could sure use the extra cash for stands, umblrellas, etc. How do you like your cybersyncs, bjorkfiend?
Most of my shooting buddies have CyberSyncs (3 others use PocketWizards) and none of them had any complaints so I picked up CyberSyncs too (1 CST and 3 CSRB). I've had them a month and so far the units work great. I recommend them to whoever is looking for wireless radio triggers.

Most reactions

Back