What was your first camera?

Mike_E

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
The Upper West Side of Mississippi (you have no i
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What was your first camera and how old were you when you got it?

What was the first camera that you bought yourself?

My first was a Kodak Brownie at age 5. Then I got to play with my dad's Argus (with supervision ;))

The first one I bought was a Minolta SRT 101. Just before heading to Daytona Beach. :lol:

Mine was a good ol Pentax K1000. What a workhorse. Sometimes I miss the simplicity.

My first camera was a Canon AE-1 that my dad bought in college. I was around 9 or 10, I think.

I bought my first camera last year when I got my D300. Saved up for years to get that thing (the woes of a college income). I was first going to get the D80, then the D200, but I found a good deal on the D300 so I went with that.

Nikon FG-20, in 1985. Paid for half after my parents matched half, saving from my part time job delivering papers.

Last edited:
What was your first camera and how old were you when you got it?
some kind of Kodak instamatic with disposable flash-cubes. mid 1970's. i was about 6 or 7.

What was the first camera that you bought yourself?
a Praktica SLR + Pentacon 50mm. Probably an MTL3 or a Super TL, bought around 1980.

i can't even remember the first camera i was given. it was wide and flat.
my parents got me a crappy vivitar before we went to mexico...
first camera i baught myself was a nikon coolpix 4600

First camera I specifically asked for as a gift, was a Kodak Handle. Think I was about 7-8 at the time. Their version of an instant film camera. Of course Polaroid sued them and Kodak had to stop selling the film and destroy all their stock. I still have a Kodak Handle and a sealed full package of film (not my original camera though).

The first camera I purchased was a Kodak 110 from my fathers camera store. He tried to give me an older used Nikon 35mm but I wanted that slick looking silver 110. I was about 9 at the time. I was really upset as I lost it about 5 months later when we had a boating accident.

First 35mm purchased was a Nikon 6006. I was 21 at the time. It's been down hill since. :lol:

My first camera was my dad's battered black Pentax Spotmatic F with a SMC 50mm f/1.4. When it stopped working and could not be fixed, I bought another Spotmatic F (a chrome body in very good condition) and still use it. Since then I added a couple of lenses.

Kodak Starmeter and I was 11 years old. This was before SLRs were on the scene.

skieur

My first camera was a Kodak 126 Instamatic when i was 10 or 11 years old, too long ago to remember my age to be honest. Used it and my mother's Kodak Brownie till I was out of high school and then moved on to my father's Agfa Isolette. The first camera I ever purchased was a Yashica TL Electro.

My first camera was my dad's Nikon F2a. I was introduced to photography by my dad in the early 70's as a pre-teen. The first camera I bought myself was the Nikon E8800, then the D200, and now the D700. The last 3 happened over the last nearly 4 years.

I still have the E8800, it is an awesome P&S and my carry 'round camera in the car when I don't carry a dSLR (which is rare).

The first camera I used was a store brand film P&S. I was about 5....it was the family camera....
THen we got a Kodak CX6445 Digital camera....I hated that thing with a passion...

MY FIRST camera was a Yashica Electro 35, still have, will never get rid of it. I want to be buried with it, I want my body to be posed as if I died taking a picture. And if I have a loving family, im sure one of them will think to put a roll of film in it for me. (All of my friends are aware of these plans if for some reason I die before I should...and all of them know to have the lens cap on....because I always composed shots with the lens cap on...then take it off just long enough to snap the shot..its just a joke thing me and my friend do)
That thing is awesome! I am told it has a leaf shutter, so flash sync is anything I want! The built in meter is super accurate! And the lens is tack sharp.

I got camera when I was 12 (im 14 now) I beleive it was towards the end of the 7th grade school year....

After the Yashica...I got an Olypus Trip 35, then a Polaroid 250 land camera (because it looked cool) than a brownie chiquita (spanish version of the bullet) and finaly my most recent camera (in my collection) is my most prized possesion is my Kodak Junior Six-20 Series II with box and original paperwork. Somewhere along the way I got a six-20 box camera...I found a roll of film in there....I want to get it devoloped but it costs too much.

I have 2 SLRs, a Nikon Fm10 (first SLR) and for my birthday i got a D70. With my birthday money I got a 50mm f/1.8D.

I wish I could remember the brand... it was a full manual film camera my grandma gave me on my 5th birthday I think it was. Had the cube flash on top and I nearly blinded myself with it one night :lol:

I'm sure I had a camera in my early years but don't remember it. The first one I remember is a talking "Polaroid" I got for my sixteenth birthday. I still have it and it still works. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back