What was your first camera?

blackdoglab

yeah I'm easy.... but I'm not cheap
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I guess it's just curiosity more than anything, but what was your first camera?

The first one I remember using was an ansco 110 camera. Gosh how I miss that chintzy thing. I took it on every camping trip from the time I was ten until last summer. My first slr was an olympus om-10 I got on ebay for $15. What can I say? I still have it and two lenses, but I never was overly enamored of it. I was excited when it came in the mail because it symbolized adulthood and a chance for creative expression. I wouldn't say it was a bad camera (in retrospect I should've looked for an om-1 which is all manual) but I guess I wanted a camera that was a bit simpler. I guess that's why i went and got a Zenit 12.

Some Pentax compact camera, then a Nikon compact, then a Canon Rebel, then a Minolta compact digital camera, then a Canon Digital Rebel, now a Canon Digital Rebel XTi.

Lots of different brands.

First ones I can remember using? Various disposables or cheap cameras using cartridges (110 and/or 126 - my memory's not so good). The first 'real' one (i.e. not throwaway plastic) was an Olympus XA2... at the time I wasn't all that impressed with it; now it's one of my favourites.

Pentax K1000. Still own, still use it (only now I am getting better with it, so the pictures that come out look better than 10 years ago :lmao: )

Brian

My first camera was a Sears KS500 that was my dads and I still use it for some things.

I had a 110 camera, you know the kind where the viewfinder was waaaay over on the right and the lens waaaay over on the left so there was no chance of your subject being anywhere near where you thought it would be when you got the roll back from developing.

I remember having all kinds of cheap 'toy' kind of cameras in various colors (including pink). My first 'real' kind was a Vivitar. Just a point and shoot deal but it was nearly neon yellow and water resistant. Took ALOT of pictures with it. It's still around somewhere but I don't believe it works anymore.
Then a few years ago I got a Canon Rebel (35mm) and within the next few months hope to get an XTi.

The first camera I used was my Uncles borrowed Leica M3. It got me hooked on photography. I moved from it to the first camera I ever owned. A lovingly preowned and well cared for Nikon F2 with a Nikor 50mm f1.2.

My first camera came free with my computer in 2004. A Fuji FinePix A205 2.0 megapixel point and shoot that was anything but compact. it's like a little brick. Then I got my Digital Rebel XT this past Christmas and inherited my Grandfather's Canon AE-1. He died 2 days before Christmas.

Zenit E. Well, technically it was a Fuji E510.

The Zenit was about 2 months ago. Now I have acquired a Canon 650, Olympus OM-1, and a Canon Digital Rebel XT (TODAY!!! :mrgreen:).

Most reactions

Back