What WAS your most unused piece of gear?

I have a macro ring light that is basically an inflatable donut and a reflecting box to harness the light from a hot-shoe flash. I bought it when I shot film but never used it because I wasn't sure how to set the exposure without a flash meter (no TTL flash metering) and I didn't want to use trial & error.

Now that I shoot digital...it would be easy to use...but I haven't dug it out of the closet yet.

my red filter.

I got one and then realized i had no idea how to use it. I didnt even know if it was for B&W or for Color :biglaugh: so it pretty much never got used.
THen i took my B&W film class and learned all about it and i pretty much never put it down. I shot B&W only for about 3 months and when i finally went to shoot a color photo, i looked through my view finder and was very taken aback. I had gotten so used to the red filter that seeing actual color through my view finder suprised and may have even shocked me a little :) I seriouly thought something was wrong with my camera

Since i've switched to digital, I never use my flourecent filter anymore. I think i used it once in a sunset, but that was all.

Most reactions

Back