What will the future hold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swiftparkour94

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm posting this thread to hear what you guys think there will be with newer lenses in the future other than 'better this' or 'better that'. I think there will be an option to switch off focus limiters completely rather than taking them apart to mod them. Another though of mine is like this: lenses can transform, by that I mean it can be 2 lenses in 1 by simply unscrewing them from one another. Another idea, you know the in camera sensor cleaning/deleting of dust? What if that was placed within the cameras elements so that it doesn't have to be taken apart to clean? What do you guys have to add to this?

I just want an 8mm - 300mm f/0.8!!! Within the size of a 24-70 f2.8... I can dream.

DorkSterr said:
I just want an 8mm - 300mm f/0.8!!! Within the size of a 24-70 f2.8... I can dream.

Oh dang! That'd be one hell of a lens!!

The_Traveler said:
You seem very curious about rather ephemeral things.
Aren't you curious about what we think of your pictures?

No. I'm more fascinated than curious. I didn't join this forum for CC (though I do sometimes), I joined for mostly Q&A. I get lots of my CC from a local Facebook group I've joined that many professional photographers are in.

isnt that like getting all your news from fox?

Another though of mine is like this: lenses can transform, by that I mean it can be 2 lenses in 1 by simply unscrewing them from one another.

This was kind of a design feature of certain lenses dating from the late 19th/early 20th century.

panblue said:
This was kind of a design feature of certain lenses dating from the late 19th/early 20th century.

Wow! Well they need to try and bring them back then!

Light Guru said:
How about that lens in a pancake size.

That seems far more impractical, but this is the future were talking about so sure :)

No. I'm more fascinated than curious. I didn't join this forum for CC (though I do sometimes), I joined for mostly Q&A. I get lots of my CC from a local Facebook group I've joined that many professional photographers are in.

I'm sure you got all your camera advice and everything you need to become a professional photographer at Best Buy too.

The_Traveler said:
You seem very curious about rather ephemeral things.
Aren't you curious about what we think of your pictures?

ROTFLMAO!

Depending on how far in the future you want to look, I think that perhaps eventually liquid lenses could become more advanced and possibly mainstream. They basically use different liquids of differing refractive indexes and can be controlled electronically since some of the liquids are conductive. I believe right now, the majority of working prototypes are adjustable focus liquid lenses, but I'm not sure about focal length/zoom yet.

Rotanimod said:
I'm sure you got all your camera advice and everything you need to become a professional photographer at Best Buy too.

No but I've talked to few photogs there

mjhoward said:
Depending on how far in the future you want to look, I think that perhaps eventually liquid lenses could become more advanced and possibly mainstream. They basically use different liquids of differing refractive indexes and can be controlled electronically since some of the liquids are conductive. I believe right now, the majority of working prototypes are adjustable focus liquid lenses, but I'm not sure about focal length/zoom yet.

Never heard of that before, sounds cool though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back