What would be good to charge for this??

Sweetsomedays

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Copied from an e-mail from the co-chair of a group putting on the second US world jousting tournament.
"We will be doing a promotional card for him, and wondered if we could hire you to come out and do a photo shoot with him.We will want shots of him arming up, on the ground, on horseback, in civilian clothes, etc. Please let us know what you would charge for an afternoon’s shoot, and your availability."

I don't want or need to make a lot of money off this. It's a good opportunity for me, I just want to be fair. The photo's don't require any large amount of editing and they will be doing the card layout and printing themselves.

Well really if ypou dont want/need to make any money on it why charge at all?. But if you find that a little offensive and you should then you need to figure out your expenses and then what your time is worth to do something like this and price accordingly. Only you can quantify exactly what your personal time is worth.

75-100/hour to shoot on location plus traveling cost and lunch.
But maybe Im just greedy.

its your call charge what you want.

I am with JIP. If you do not want or need to make money why charge?

My advice is to do the research and talk with the client to come up with a fair price. "How much do I charge" threads are generally useless. Maybe spill some details and we could help further.

Love & Bass

Most reactions

Back