What would you shoot?

babidoll85

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know not everyone is from the U.S. but regardless, what do you wish you could take photographs of in the U.S. particularly NY ;)? A specific landmark? The wilderness.. etc.... I was just wondering because I saw that someone was from Ireland and it got me thinking about what things around the world I would want to shoot. Maybe it will spark an interest for me.

Theres plenty of stuff in Upstate NY! Ive shot in the Adirondacks, Local, pretty much everywhere I go. I just got back from a trip to Acadia in ME, great spot and now I want to go back.

Buffalo, in the winter, in black and white. ;) The grand canyon would certainly be on the list since bflo................

Actually, there is a single photograph that I'm gonna try my best to make it up to Manhattan in December to shoot. But if I told you what it was of, I'd have to kill you. :)

The question should be not what to shoot, but what to not shoot... lol.

I am going back to do the tourist thing this February to Florida. Of course Disney and Universal are on the list... but so is Clearwater beach and other things on the list are:

- Miami in and around the marina
- St-Augustine has some stunning spanish style architecture
- The Keys (Key West)
... and a few more places.

In 2009 it is off to Europe (Czech Republic and Austria in the summer) then back to the USA in the winter to see the Grand Canyon and then New Mexico for the Carlsbad Caverns.

Actually, there is a single photograph that I'm gonna try my best to make it up to Manhattan in December to shoot. But if I told you what it was of, I'd have to kill you. :)

Hmmm...now I'm really curious.

The question should be not what to shoot, but what to not shoot... lol.

I am going back to do the tourist thing this February to Florida. Of course Disney and Universal are on the list... but so is Clearwater beach and other things on the list are:

- Miami in and around the marina
- St-Augustine has some stunning spanish style architecture
- The Keys (Key West)
... and a few more places.

In 2009 it is off to Europe (Czech Republic and Austria in the summer) then back to the USA in the winter to see the Grand Canyon and then New Mexico for the Carlsbad Caverns.

I really want to shoot at the beach. I have so many ideas, but the closest beach is like 4 hours away...not too bad, but hopefully Ill make it next summer. I LOVE spanish architecture. I hope when you taks te pics you will share :)...jealous of the 2009 adventures..sounds like it will be amazing....

Buffalo, in the winter, in black and white. ;) The grand canyon would certainly be on the list since bflo................

I love black and white photos. Probably my favorite ( although they don't always work :er:) Anyway...I really want to go shoot at watkins glen and the finger lakes. I need to do a lot more practicing in first though and a new lens (christmas..yay!)

ooh finger lakes. They've got some killer wine up there, too.

Manhattan in December is certainly great ... not for the Christmas decoration, but for the light in the skyline (if you are lucky and it is not all grey)

ooh finger lakes. They've got some killer wine up there, too.

Oh yeah, the wine is great. I went to the wine fest in July and took my camera with me. I had it under the seat in the back of my car and I thought all of the doors were locked (apparently not)....it was stolen :( It was terrible because of course my memory card was in there with tons of pictures from my family reunion that we had just gotten back from. I'm so sad I didn't download them before going out again...Anyway I learned my lesson and got a new camera in....I think September. Anyway that was probably more than what you were looking for LOL.

smaller towns have much cooler things to shoot, I am however DYING to go on an African Safari...

smaller towns have much cooler things to shoot, I am however DYING to go on an African Safari...

Why don't you just go on a safari in a small town, then?

Let's do it! It'll be like an act of surrealism. The only other of which, to my knowledge, was when Dali walked up to a blind man and kicked him and then ran away, because he didn't like the way that the blind man walked.

The only other of which, to my knowledge, was when Dali walked up to a blind man and kicked him and then ran away, because he didn't like the way that the blind man walked.

Last week I was in Dali's museum (the one he himself arranged) at the Costa Brava in Spain. He was a bit sick, believe me ;)

Most reactions

Back