Whatcha think? Couple from a friends wedding.

bethany138

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bethanygilbert.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
:) :heart: :lovey:
first-dance-web.jpg

Sorrry...its huge...lol

julie-web.jpg

champagne-web.jpg

Ok..i thought I resized these....sorry. :confused: ;)

hi bethany...im not sure what lens was used but they look a little on the blurry side to me. composition is good, color is ok, but sharpness detracts from the shots.

I agree with Matt, there seem to be some focus or motion blur issues here. Composition is good and I think you're on the right track. The lens glare on the 2nd is also something to watch out for in the future.

I was just learning about dof then. I have a newbie camera anyway so not a lot of control. Sony dsc717..i only have two lenses...umm.... .5 macro and a zoom one. I sound like a complete idiot i know. lol.:blushing:

It's alright... we're all learning. :)
That glare in the glasses of the second is always a pain to avoid. I mess that up a lot. :confused:
Like Alison said, you have great composition and timing on all of these. I think now the only thing that's holding you back is either the lens or the camera shake(whichever one of those it is) :)
The first one is really great though! Awesome job! :thumbup:

I have never actually used my polarizer....its so hard to catch things and get the right equipment set up at the same time. (don't know if that made any sense - but ya'll know what I mean).

Nice work...the only thing that bothers me are the reflection on the glasses....

in my opinion the photoes are good from the POV of the composition.
the only problem is with the blurry effect and the reflection on the girls glasses on the 2nd photo.
you could avoid that by using a polarizer or by standing in another angle to the light.
good work.

:thumbup: Bethany,
It's all been said above but take heart from your ability to spot a good photo, sometimes that cannot be taught the techy stuff can. Good shots.

When shooting weddings (Alison and Sharkbait correct me if I'm wrong) you normally do not have time to mess with a polarizer. On top of that if you did have time there would then be a loss of 2 stops of light.

The glare looks like it was caused by something other than a flash in this case. If you had her pose for this shot, it could easily be resolved by having her tilt her glasses slightly forward. That would move the glare towards the outer edge of the lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back