Whatever makes your boat float...

Noodle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
First time boat shots..
I like the colour, but I'm a bit iffy about the composition. I wanted to get a 'busy/crowded' feel. What do you guys think? Any tips for next time?

boats.jpg

I didn't get the feeling of busy...
Maybe because I can see all the boats that are presant... no allusion of more.
less water on bottom, though I like the reflection... and closer composition with boats cut off. ;)

Hope that helps

Personally, I find this busy enough with the many masts, tarpaulins, sun-sails and what not, including the reflection - but then I tend to find photos of sailing ships way too busy for my liking, anyway - when I of late photographed very many sailing boats, the busyness of the pictures has made me worry so much over them, I've hardly dared to post any of those here!

LaFoto said:
Personally, I find this busy enough with the many masts, tarpaulins, sun-sails and what not, including the reflection - but then I tend to find photos of sailing ships way too busy for my liking, anyway - when I of late photographed very many sailing boats, the busyness of the pictures has made me worry so much over them, I've hardly dared to post any of those here!

Well then, if it's the masses that makes u feel cluttered and busy, shouldn't that be more of the focus to the work? crop the bottom and add just a little head room for the masses? I like the shot more this morning...

I think it is not busy... it is really nice! I truly like it! very calm.

Noodle said:
I wanted to get a 'busy/crowded' feel.

Crop it tighter. Any big open spaces say 'sit down and rest, stretch your legs out, this is a calm image, with plenty of room'. ;) To make it look busy and crowded the composition must dominate the edges as well as the center.

Most reactions

Back