What's a good newbie landscape camera?

keller

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm kind of new to photography, and I'm considering getting a digital camera just to practice my shots. I'll be mostly doing outdoors/landscape shots.

I've searched through all the photo shops, but the technical jargon seems pretty confusing. I want to get a camera which is actually good for practice, but I'd prefer to do my own research rather than leave it up to the sales straff.

What "features" should I look for in a camera? So far I've figured out that manual override settings and interchangeable lens are important. What about megapixels - is 4MP good enough for landscapes? What other aspects of the camera should I also research? My prince range is pretty low (aiming for under $500), since its only to be used for practice.

Well with digital cameras in the lower price range you should look into the Canon Eos 300d (digital rebel) which is 6mp and pretty cheap these days, under $500 for a kit with camera and lense. Or Nikon's new D50 which you can get the camera with no lense for under $500. If you buy one of these and the camera comes with a lense do some research on the lense to make sure it is good, or else just buy the camera body and buy a better wide-angle lense seperately.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back