Whats a good software for this.

RobinChen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Guys I was wondering if any of you use a specific plug in or a program just for knocking out backrgounds. I need one that is DEAD on ACCURATE. Don't mind if it takes a while, but just needs to be perfect. Any suggestions would be appreciated. (magic wand takes to long lol)

I would use Photoshop and create a new layer.
On that layer I woould use a brush (with a semi.soft edge) and paint on top of the background along the edge of what you want to "select".
Then I would use the fill tool to paint in the big part than might be needed to.

Now you have a new layer with 1 color covering the entire background.
You can now use this layer to select the same part in your original photo.

Its more or less the same thing the "magic" wand (or any PS wand) do but me way is just as fast and gives any amount of control you need.

There is also a quick mask function that pretty much work in the same way but this is how I do it :)

Hi Guys I was wondering if any of you use a specific plug in or a program just for knocking out backgrounds. I need one that is DEAD on ACCURATE. Don't mind if it takes a while, but just needs to be perfect. Any suggestions would be appreciated. (magic wand takes to long lol)

None of these programs are dead-on accurate without some significant effort on the photographer's part. A tremendous amount depends on the difference in color/tone between foreground and background, the sharpness of the edges, the focus. and, most important, the skill of the user.

Look at Katrin Eismann's book on Masking and Compositing for good info on the methods to mask out backgrounds.

Thank you guys, I'm going to try out a couple of these trial versions and see what happens. I heard there was a program called KNOCKOUT and that it was very good. Anybody hear about this as well?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back