What's going on with my D750

Malavok

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Can't figure out what this is. It appears in all telephoto pictures (greater than about 100mm) but not when using my telephoto lenses with other cameras, so it has to be the body causing it. Don't see it in wide angle of mid-range shots. This is the far right 1/3 of the image, so the weird circle of light runs from top to bottom of the picture. Happens on all f/, all shutter speeds, all ISOs, all lighting situations (doesn't matter if it's cloudy, sun is behind/in front/ etc.)

I've had some other issues with my D750 lately. Most I've fixed or have resolved over time (lenses not being recognized, shutter "sticking", sensor dust nightmares). But I don't know what's wrong now. I've cleaned the sensor and that didn't do anything.

I love this camera but the problems keep cropping up. I've had 0 issues with my D7200.

Attachments

• 20614001_10159136736570187_934852597_n.png
    20614001_10159136736570187_934852597_n.png
    98.5 KB · Views: 243
Okay, I think I may have figured it out. Might as well keep the post and not delete so if others have this problem they'll know.

It appears the "lens not being recognized" and "shutter sticking" previously were precursors to this issue. Looks like there is something wrong with the shutter, and other people had the same problem of the lens not working when changing before this popped up.

So I guess I'll have to send the body into Nikon for repair.

The 750 had another recall related to the shutter. Go to the Nikon site and check your serial number. You might get a new shutter mechanism for free.

Just checked and it says my unit is affected. Thanks! I'm sending it to them tomorrow.

I hate it when cameras have defects.
Just a big waste of time and if one isn't used to it an emotional hit.

No issues with mine, so far. Please keep us informed.

That's too bad having to send it in. Hopefully the fix is permanent. If it's not then I would be pretty upset at them. Hopefully you will get a quick turn around on it.

Most reactions

Back