Whats happening to tv now-a-days!!

There has always been some sexual content in cartoons. It is just more obvious today as I think people are more sensitive and ready to censor.

Personally, while I find there is a certain limit to a show aimed at kids, I just laugh when the second there is something sexual in a cartoon, sitcom, or anything on before 9:00pm, people raise a flag. But yet, they can have these cartoons with kids driving tanks, shooting buildings, blowing things up and so on.... and whats all good.

If you search for the Bugs Bunny cartoon "The Wabbit Who Came To Supper", there's a quick peek of something peeking out from under a towel Bugs is wearing. That was made 67 years ago.

...just sayin'
I can't believe this! I had to find out for myself... Check it out

That is supposed to be his tail, guys!

skieur

I doubt its anything sexual and I doubt its his tail. Its just the arch of where his legs meet his body. What you are seeing through his legs is the white of the tub.

Anyone remember that ikea ad with the dog lying on the couch and it looked like he had an erection?

Its not so much about censoring the cartoons, I mean we will all learn about sex one day
but with the age of sexually active teens going younger, you would think they would try to reduce this content more
I mean Even I feel it is un-resposible to commit yourself under the age of 18 - 20.

I wouldnt say that reducing the content is the right way to go.

If society is moving towards having teens sexually active earlier, then its society's responsibility to ensure proper exposure (might not be the right word) and education is done so that the teens are responsible.

Trying to put things under the rug and either pretend its not there or try and change how the world is revolving doesn't always work.

I remember seeing a report from a scandanavian country where they taught real sex ed very early on in school. By the time they are about to graduate, they have had honest discussions about sex, and not just "procreation", but sex for pleasure, various types of sex, dangers of sex - and not just "you'll get pregnant", but dangers of things like anal sex and so on.

And you know what? Their teen pregnancy rate is WAY down, their STDs are way down.

When my parents were teens, you didn't have sex until you were married.
When I was a teen, the average age of first sexual encounter was 17.

Times change and society needs to evolve with it, not against it. Else, people will still get fined for having a five o'clock shadow on Sundays.

Most reactions

Back