What's it called?

M-O-S

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,

I forgot what's it called, when at one time you're taking a picture of an object and you wish for your camera to take pictures of it every 5 seconds automatically? Or one?

Thanks again.

perhaps the self timer.

Time lapse or interval photography. The device that controls the camera to do that is called an intervalometer.

Yeah, time lapse probably. Self timer most likely what I meant.

Thanks you three.

So which did you mean? The self timer counts down often with an indicator light or a beep or something and then takes one photo.

Time lapse can be set to say for example take 75 pictures, one every 3 seconds over the course of 3min 45sec starting in 10 minutes.

Well, I remember I did one time by doing it manually, taking a picture every like 3 or 1 seconds and it worked out well. So yeah, I was asking more of like the camera doing that by itself automatically, without having to click it with your finger by every seconds.

Then fmw was right on the mark. Timelapse or inteval photography. It can be done with the Nikon D200 or D2x right in the camera, with any camera that has a cabled shutter release using an appropriate intervalometer, and most remaining SLRs using supplied software from manufacturers and a laptop with a large battery and a USB cable.

If your electronically enchained, or know someone who is, it's not that hard to build one. That's what I did and it ended up being about $20

Most reactions

New Topics

Back