What's the nicest lens you've used?

keith204

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went to a NASCAR race and saw about 300 photographers (didn't count, but there were a lot), 90% of them were shooting with Canon gear. Most of them had those HUGE EXOTIC L series lenses, gotta be 400 2.8 and bigger, going for thousands upon thousands a piece.

Just seems crazy...I mean, do THAT many people get to a point where those lenses actually make them that kind of money to afford them?

So, what's the most exotic lens you've used? And do you think the pictures you took with it could justify your use of it?

The most exotic lens I currently own is the 70-200mm f/2.8 VR. The most exotic I have ever used is a 600mm f/4 AF-S II, which was spectacular fun. I used to own a 500mm f/4P, which was a manual focus, but I sold that not too long ago to put together funds for a 500mm or 600mm f/4 AF-S. I shoot mostly wildlife, birds particularly, and a large lens is essential for this.

As far as all of those guys you see at big events, probably half of those are "company" lenses, and mostly pros who are able to write them off as business expense.

By far the most exotic lens I've used/own

Equipment54.jpg

I walked in with a box of stuff for trade and walked out with just this one lens... I was in complete disbelief of what I had just done. Love the unique images and it will take years before I can really leverage its abilities. I'm still learning it.

The "nicest" lens I have ever used... frankly is the nifty fifty... You can't deny the bang for the buck factor. I upgraded to the 50mm f1.4 later on.... which is also nice. My cousin now owns the 50mm f1.8 markI (metal mount) that I used to have.... I kinda miss it.

By far the most exotic lens I've used/own

Equipment54.jpg

I walked in with a box of stuff for trade and walked out with just this one lens... I was in complete disbelief of what I had just done. Love the unique images and it will take years before I can really leverage its abilities. I'm still learning it.

so what's it do?

has to be the ef 300L 2.8 .I'm still drooling over this one :p

The most exotic lens I have ever used (I own it) is my Meade LX200 2500mm f/10.

The most exotic lens I have ever used (I own it) is my Meade LX200 2500mm f/10.

Well, if you want to go there, I own a Meade 1200mm f/4.5.....:greenpbl:

here is one of my favorite lenses. not sure if exotic describes it best or even if nicest does it....but it sure does work nice. i got it for free some time ago. so if nothing else the price was exotic!

here is a link to the lens and a photo i took with it:

http://photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=660855

(i am unable to figure out how to post a picture in the thread...sorry)

eddie

Has to be my 17-55. Flawless lens imho, and built like a tank!

Most reactions

Back