What's the point of this?

itsbudda

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been wondering what's the point of this little window on the film door for some time now. I don't know what it's called so google searches have been uneventful. Is it for putting a film box flap in?

I've been wondering what's the point of this little window on the film door for some time now. I don't know what it's called so google searches have been uneventful. Is it for putting a film box flap in?

Yes, that was often called a film box reminder slot, and it was for inserting the top of a film box; sometimes people used it to put a small piece of plain paper in, for note-taking.

^^ Derrel said it all

I thought so. Definitely a nice feature to have but I never use it.

Btw DBJ wasn't Shaq the one that said your sig quote?

Yeah it was Wayne Gretzky. Shaq misses 100% of the shots he does take.

I wish all my film cameras had them.

I've got two cameras right now that I'm unsure what film they have in them.

newer film cameras don't have that anymore in favor of the little window on the back which shows the back of the canister.

Yeah the little display window is a handy feature. Good for those who can't take the time away from their day to slide a piece of cardboard in a slot.

Sadly the camera just broke yesterday so I really won't get much use out of that window.

A ''memo holder'' is also a term for it I believe.

Yeah the little display window is a handy feature. Good for those who can't take the time away from their day to slide a piece of cardboard in a slot.

You'd be surprised...

Most reactions

Back