What's the point of this?

I've got 5 SLRs, 2 Praktica PLC3s and 3 Petri FT IIs. Usually, I have several different films loaded and I'm tired of trying to quick check ASA settings to know which film is loaded in which camera. Has anyone tried attaching a memo holder (such as the ones that were on the Canon AE-1s) to another camera? Or, do you know of anyone that has devised one that's attachable without cutting the back panel to mount it? (Saw a thread a few years ago on another site where a poster had done just that successfully and was offering them for cheap money, but I can't locate it anymore).

My repair shop was willing to mount one taken from an AE-1 but, regretably, they just closed their doors as a result of Hurricane Sandy, so I'm back to thinking that it would be a great idea, if ...

Thanks,

Neil

Nobody appears to make one that is self sticking (anymore).
Now what we have left is a masking tape. Very handy thing, at least for me, even small piece can take notes I actually need for film development. After 10 rolls and 5 days there is no way (for me) to remember that.

Nobody appears to make one that is self sticking (anymore).

This used to be available by accessory companies like Hama.
Leicagoodies used to make one, but it appears it is no longer available.
Get your SLIDE for the Leica M6!

I'm going to so put one of these on a piece of black cardstock over my camera's display.

But honestly guys - did you ever actually use this window thing?

I think I did too, once I realized that you could. But I think it's easier to remember what film is in the camera than it is to remember to not shred the box top when opening it.

FILMZ HEEEELLLLLL YEEEAHHHH!!!!!

I think that's why they have camera backs with the little window to view the film canister label.

I can imagine that if you have a whole herd of cameras around your neck forgetting which film was in what camera could be a problem ... but otherwise, is it really an issue??

I have 3 cameras right now, each with a half-shot roll, that I can't remember what film I loaded. Typical of me.

But then I also have cameras that I know I have somewhere but can't remember where I put them.

Hey dracblau, did you or whomever last loaded the film not set the film speed dial afterward? Just a thought. Whenever I change film, even if replacing with same speed, out of habit I check the speed-dial.

http://www.brentsstockphotos.com

Late reply, but yes I do set the film speed on the newer cameras to match the film. The two I mentioned are older cameras with no speed dial. I sometimes can get a clue if I'm using sunny 16 and have set the shutter speed to match the film speed.

Man, that was a late reply. Where have I been the last three years? Time flies...

I was wondering why my FM2N had that... mystery solved. That also explains why there's no need for a film window on the FM2Ns... Eureka.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back