What's the "point"?

And I did not even know there were points.......
A long time ago I was on a chat group that gave points and awards for the number of posts in the end peeps were bumping posts with nonsense just to get the next award

Sounds like the Leader Board thread

Leonora,

If you really and truly want one, let me know... I see them all the time and can hook you up.

Leonora,

If you really and truly want one, let me know... I see them all the time and can hook you up.

I might take you up on that ;) If I do, then let me know what you might want me to send back from the States!

Keyboards? I recall an early computer (I believe carried by Heathkit) that used a keypad, not unlike a phone keypad, to enter commands. Come to think of it, some of the work-County's PBX machines (ATT System 85) used a terminal with the same type of keypad (mid to late 1980s).

BAH! No one's serious unless they remember punch cards! And room-sized processors!

iu

I had a FORTRAN class in college and we did use punch cards. What mostly learned from that class was that I hated programming.

Over my career, there has always been conflict between the hardware groups and the software groups.

Being primarily from the hardware side I have always maintained that there is something inherently wrong with people who start counting at zero...

Keyboards? I recall an early computer (I believe carried by Heathkit) that used a keypad, not unlike a phone keypad, to enter commands. Come to think of it, some of the work-County's PBX machines (ATT System 85) used a terminal with the same type of keypad (mid to late 1980s).

BAH! No one's serious unless they remember punch cards! And room-sized processors!

iu

I had a FORTRAN class in college and we did use punch cards. What mostly learned from that class was that I hated programming.

Over my career, there has always been conflict between the hardware groups and the software groups.

Being primarily from the hardware side I have always maintained that there is something inherently wrong with people who start counting at zero...
Years ago, the work county took over a warehouse, in which our group got space. The previous occupants left a keypunch machine behind. I grabbed it, but MLW said "No."

Most reactions

New Topics

Back