What's the Point?

Why on God's green Earth do you post your photos on the internet?

Good point, which is probably why I do not post very much. That and seeing some critiques getting far off-base on either the negative or positive side based on less than adequate knowledge and experience with photography.

skieur

Well this is an easy answer. Otherwise I may need to actually start on my To-Do list. ThePhotoForum is just like facebook and online comics like xkcd. They are merely an outlet for procrastination. The more pictures I post the longer I get to put off working.

Has anyone seen my sandwich? :?:

(Usually so that people can tell me which ones they want printed with out their having to decide in my living room- eating and drinking me out of house and home.)

To show people (who may not already know) what the animals on other parts of God's green earth actually look like.

Interesting answers. I suppose I post, well, because I put up quite a few photos on my web site and although I get quite a few visitors each month, sometimes I feel as if they are being ignored- I have no way of recieving feedback from my site visitors. So what I do is post in forums and this way for the most part, I can make certain my work is ignored. :)

I post my photos online so that I can share them, with friends and family members who can't come over to see them in person.

They're gear and technical masturbators. The ones with their equipment list in their signatures (YES YOU. WHO CARES WHAT YOUR EQUIPMENT IS).

I have my "gear" listed in my sig, but only because I saw other people doing it and figured it was a just a way to let people know "this is what I use, in case you have a questions, maybe I can help?" I'm not a "gear masturbator", I don't have the money! ;-) I always liked the adage "it's a poor carpenter who blames his tools", so while some cameras will surely help better than others (depending on what you want to accomplish) it means nothing without creative input from the user.

I like to share and at the same time learn. :)

I stick them on the internet as they kept falling off the dogs I used to stick them on
Thats cause you were trying to use tape... everyone knows you have to use staples... amateur! :lol: :lol:

(Before any animal advocate speaks up... that was a joke, ok? I do NOT condone cruelty to animals in any way, shape or form.)

I post them to get feedback and learn from. Also so that family members on the other side of the country can see them and choose the ones that I send them in print format.

Its not rocket science. However, the OP would need to pontificate a little further so as to better shed some light on their rather ambiguous question.

I need to elaboborate?- I thought the question was already elaborate.

Hm. I'll simplify;

Why do you post your photos on the internet?

There's been some pretty good answers so far.

to lostprofit

i thought you were a tad crazy but your pics are great so its ok

Why do I post my pics online? I don't. So far I've posted two snaps I took from my friends car. I might post a photo if I ever feel like one of my pictures looks good on my screen. But with the amount of un-calibration that is rocking my screen, it's hard to PP anything.

Then why do I check out TPF? I love laughing at how amazingly pompous some ****ers are (YES YOU... and you too. EDIT: That wasn't a bad word really. It wasn't the one with four letters that probably first came to mind anyways.) Although pomposity is sometimes earned, I still find it hilarious.

Plus I occaisionally *cough*pull one out to*cough* my own amazing signature while fondling all my sweet glass and mulling over some new sweet techie mag.

But to ultimately answer the question, I'm a rock-bottom amateur at this photography stuff and when I eventually start posting some pics it would be in the hopes of receiving whatever (harsh) criticism I could get.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back