What's the process of getting pictures into a gallery

m.stevenson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
mstevensonphotography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got an offer from a local art "gallery" to put some of my work up for sale. I'm new to the whole selling prints in a gallery and was wanting to get in contact with a few other gallery's to put more of my work up. So I'm coming to the forum asking what is the general process of getting a spot in a gallery?

If your confused about anything I am more than happy to clarify.

Thank You

Basically, call the gallery you're interested in and set up an appointment to show your portfolio.

The real problem is the cost of framing your prints. Go to my blog at http://www.thecreativescorner.com/ and look at the picture of my work in the Jerome gallery. The 11 prints on the wall, plus 16 matted prints of different sizes cost me almost $800. I get my framing materials at a good price from Frames By Mail - Your source for picture frames.. I want to be in more galleries, but I don't have another $800 for framing right now.

You will need to buy mats, backing boards, photo corners, frames, framing wire, large plastic envelopes for matted prints, and other items. You may avoid frames if you use gallery wraps for your prints. But you will still want to offer matted prints.

Have Fun,
Jeff

Most reactions

Back