What's the right e-commerce solution for me?

CraniumDesigns

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.stevendavisphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, on my website, currently I'm using those free individual paypal buttons. I don't do enough business to actually warrant paying anything significant for a service, but they're super hard to maintain. My print amount is going up and it's hard to make mass changes. I'm looking for a new solution.

I need a service that's all put together, where I can customize the look as much as possible, where I can maintain products easily, and fulfill the orders and shipping myself.

SmugMug and PhotoShelter are nice, but I wanna mat and ship the prints myself, not just have them print the prints and send JUST the print.

I'm kinda lookin for something like Etsy, but with a more customizable interface so I can integrate it as seemlessly as possible into my website. Thanks!!!

So, on my website, currently I'm using those free individual paypal buttons. I don't do enough business to actually warrant paying anything significant for a service, but they're super hard to maintain. My print amount is going up and it's hard to make mass changes. I'm looking for a new solution.

I need a service that's all put together, where I can customize the look as much as possible, where I can maintain products easily, and fulfill the orders and shipping myself.

SmugMug and PhotoShelter are nice, but I wanna mat and ship the prints myself, not just have them print the prints and send JUST the print.

I'm kinda lookin for something like Etsy, but with a more customizable interface so I can integrate it as seemlessly as possible into my website. Thanks!!!

Most people opt to setup a merchant account. They take like 2.25% of your sales, and $9.95 a month, but you are no longer tied to anyone's BS. Make it clear that you'll accept other methods for a fee if you go this route, since some people are entirely too concerned with how they pay.

This assumes you're going to pay for the $9.95/month without concern. Are you in a position to increase your volume without headaches?

When dealing with something physical that takes time, like printing/matting, I'd do warn people to picture themselves with extra volume. If you're running a service like an internet fax company, where your business scales very easilly to your customer base, then you can do no wrong and you want to envite people to dog pile on your doorstep.

I could be wrong, that's why I'm asking.. I'm never surprised when someone's been a pro at something for years and has far more resources than expected. ;)

PS: I nuked my PayPal account last night Thumbs Up to you for trying something better. ;) :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back