Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Why, it is!

100_3022.jpg

Awwwww :lovey:

THANK YOU :hugs:

It is lovely. So greeeeeeeeeeeen!

maybe I was not allowed, but still i has a look! *sneaks away* .. so green!

The subject which seems to be in the foreground isn't set off enough from the background, and it may be out of focus too, or is that camera shake?

maybe I was not allowed, but still i has a look! *sneaks away* .. so green!

I sneaked in with Alex, but was brave enough to sneak back!!
Like it, like the hint of yellow :lol: *runs away*

The subject which seems to be in the foreground isn't set off enough from the background

I would argue this a questionm of taste... it always depends on the effect the photographer tried to achieve.

I actually like that the foreground/background division is a bit more gentle than as if a very shallow DOF would have been used.

, and it may be out of focus too, or is that camera shake?

I agree that focus might not be perfect, but this could be also just the jpeg posted here, not the original.

PLEASE DO NOT OFFER ME ANY SUGGESTIONS ABOUT MY PHOTOS OR CRITIQUE IF NOT SPECIFICALLY REQUESTED.

.. oh , and that translates as: I do not give a s**t about what you think about my work.

You will miss some ego-hurting critique then ... but you will also miss a lot of compliments on your work ...

Oh, and BTW, ego-hurting critique is rather good for ones own personality development. Can be painful sometimes but no pain , no gain ;)

Thanks for the replies. :) This one was dug up from the grave by Ken. The lack of a strong distinction between foreground and background was kind of purposeful, as I took this shot with Lafoto in mind. :) But, I also like the strong color too. I agree on the focus. Now that I am looking at it more carefully, it almost seems like a small part of it is in focus, but not enough. Thanks again. :) :)

NO technical flaw bothers me IN THE LEAST when a photo was taken for me :D. Thank you for this AGAIN! :hugs:

NO technical flaw bothers me IN THE LEAST when a photo was taken for me :D. Thank you for this AGAIN! :hugs:

So, if I would state all of my photos were taken for you, then they would be all flawless in your eyes? :p .. OK, so be it :mrgreen:

.. oh , and that translates as: I do not give a s**t about what you think about my work.

You will miss some ego-hurting critique then ... but you will also miss a lot of compliments on your work ...

Oh, and BTW, ego-hurting critique is rather good for ones own personality development. Can be painful sometimes but no pain , no gain ;)

Oh, please don't try to talk him out of it. Several of us have already tried. It turned into an entire thread (20 replies, last time I checked) of him telling us that he's too good to need critique or he only wants critique from the "experts" on the site. He just doesn't get the point of a forum.

Stop thinking about that member.
He's a troll.
Trolls want to rile forum members. That is their only goal.
Don't give him a chance.

IMO - When it comes to DOF a blurred foreground seem less popular with people that a blurred background, perhaps this is because we do not normally see things with our eye that way (unless you need glasses), but it not wrong

Most reactions

Back