What's with the hijacking to Ancestry.com?

Buckster

In memoriam
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Lately, the forum hijacks my browser and forces it to go to Ancestry.com several times per day for no apparent reason. WTF?

This isn't happening to me. I offer this as a data point -- if it's just you, you may have some malware, a virus or some "browser extension" that's behaving badly. If it's more than just you, perhaps this will help you track down the root cause! I use Chrome on a couple different platforms, which might or might not also be a relevant datum.

It may not be the forum.... it may be your computer is infected.

Why does it only happen when I'm surfing TPF, and no other sites I frequent?

Why does it only happen when I'm surfing TPF, and no other sites I frequent?

They're getting smarter & smarter with their hijacking. Maybe you spend the most on-line time here, so they target you while you're here.

Download and run Windows Security Essentials. Free and works better than most other stuff on the market. Also try tds root killer,

^^ Agreed. They're not supporting vendors here and have nothing to do with TPF. Sounds more like a trojan that you'll have to route out.

Windows is an awesome operating system, and it has some of the very-finest malware,spyware, and trojans available today. Windows is soooo much better than Mac OS in that way. Enjoy the Windows experience.

Lately, the forum hijacks my browser and forces it to go to Ancestry.com several times per day for no apparent reason. WTF?

Maybe it's a sign that you need to do some genealogy.

Thanks folks! Running a full scan now. And I already traced my genealogy many years ago. It was fun. :)

Good luck. Be suspicious of any recently added browser extensions, too.

Parts of my family tree (those good relatives in the Appalachians) looks like a straight stick.

Windows is an awesome operating system, and it has some of the very-finest malware,spyware, and trojans available today. Windows is soooo much better than Mac OS in that way. Enjoy the Windows experience.
It's not about the OS, it's about the fact there are so many fewer Apple computer users.

It's not about the OS, it's about the fact there are so many fewer Apple computer users.

Umm,sorry, but no....

You Windoids are almost all alike.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back