Whats your Nikons dream lens ?

Nikon 58mm f1.2 noct-nikkor

Also the 6mm f2.8 fisheye, but it wouldn't fit in the sub $4k budget. ;)
$lenses_nikon_6mm.jpg

Just bought my dream lens today, actually.

Nikon 85mm f/2.8 PC-E :D

I would like to have something like a 20-135mm f/1.2 (or f/1.4)...

But more seriously... the 200mm f/2 is nice, but only if it was less than half its size adn weight, and even that is a stretch (more than approx 1kg is too much for me).

So... for something that actually exists (ok not really but sort of)... maybe a 25mm or 26mm f/1.8 without the issues of the 28mm f/1.8 and I'll drop the N for a lower price too.

Last edited:
Just got it! Nikkor 80-400mm VR 2013 edition. It's awesome and on a D7100 it turns into a relatively cheaper 600mm lens and I haven't tried it yet but in the 1.3x crop mode it becomes an 800mm lens!

When I think back to when I was starting off in digital photography, I always thought of an 85mm f1.4 as my dream lens. We'll, I finally got mine a few weeks ago! I have never been so excited while waiting for the UPS driver to drop off a lens! It makes me happy :)

really depends on what you shoot.

wildlife is important to me so the 500mm f4 vr is pretty much the perfect dream lens, it does it all right

the 200mm f2 is also a dream lens, i borrowed a vr 1 from a friend and that lens is wet dream worthy

obviously the 24-70 & 70-200 are two dream lenses because with those two lenses you can cover pretty much all your needs

Most reactions

New Topics

Back