What's your Obsession for a photograph?

SCHNOOBS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My obsession for photography would probably have to be a simple study...
to be more precise, bridges.

I like doing Macro and Landscapes fro some reason. Kinda on the opposite end of the spectrum but I like them both

~Michael~

The sky. In any possible condition or colour, not just the sunsets and sunrises, but also dark stormy clouds and (oh yeah) thunderstorms. I know it is not the most sophisticated thing to shoot, but I love the way sky looks and never hesitate to take another one. Even though I already have a ton of such shots.

The sky. In any possible condition or colour, not just the sunsets and sunrises, but also dark stormy clouds and (oh yeah) thunderstorms. I know it is not the most sophisticated thing to shoot, but I love the way sky looks and never hesitate to take another one. Even though I already have a ton of such shots.

I too like such shots.i have many pictures of sky.

I've been doing a lot of experiments with panning, I like the outcome alot of times!
Though I do agree with Dr. Stangelove in street photography, I don't know if it is the realism that I like about it or just the composed images of city-street life.

My obsession for photography would probably have to be a simple study...
to be more precise, bridges.
I too love bridges, especially the old bridges. I use to ride a motorcycle and always had a camera with me. I stopped at every bridge I encountered and would shoot it. Unfortunately, back then, I wasn't into thinking of the photo like I am now learning with manual control. I only had a true point and shoot (as in, I could only simply point and shoot, no other control) and basically took snapshots. I wasn't thinking how the photo would turn out. Many are just shot from the side showing the entire bridge and many also have a lot of stuff in the way such as powerlines for example.

Now that I'm getting more interested in photography, as in thinking of the composition and the settings on the camera, I unfortunately no longer have the bike. It was so easy to pull off the road for photos with the bike, and is much more difficult as a car along the side of the road takes up much more space. Compound that with the fact that I would jump on the bike just to ride which I don't just jump in the car just to ride, and I don't think I will find nearly as many bridges to shoot now.

A motorcycle is nice for this. Go out on rides only for the enjoyment of riding while getting 60 mpg. Driving the car, since I had to scrap the truck prematurely and now am stuck with a crappy automatic, there is no enjoyment to driving. Add the 20 mpg and twice the fuel prices over when I had the bike and I just can't jump in and go for a ride. It was quite normal for me to jump on the bike and ride 400+ miles on an 8 hour ride by myself taking in the scenery all on a couple of dollars worth of fuel.

So, I love the old bridges scattered around western Pennsylvania. The second love of subject would be old farm barns. I have a ton of those as well. Much easier to find as I think I have 20 or so listed just on my 20 minute commute home from work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back