What's your wild rabbit?

It looks pretty good, but I think it would look better with the entire reflection (maybe at a different angle) or no reflection at all. I'm not exactly sure, but my eyes seem to run off the bottom of the image.

Am I tipsy or is the bottle
not completely straight?

Ya there is a slight lean to the left didnt notice that.. It did have more reflection but it did take the focus off the bottle so cropped it, I dont want to get rid of it completely because then it will be like a bottle in complete blackness floating..

You need light shining through the liquid from behind.

Joe

Joe

Thats where the light was coming from had a flash behind the bottle

It's not lighting up the whiskey enough. You need a reflector behind the bottle to catch light and be visible through the liquid. Here's an example: Hit me. The bottle and both glasses have carefully trimmed pieces of Styrofoam standing up right behind them. The Styrofoam was trimmed just past the point of being visible from the front. The whole thing is sitting on top of a honeycomb in an 11 inch strobe reflector with holes cut in the seamless to flash the Styrofoam.

Joe

Joe

Thats where the light was coming from had a flash behind the bottle

It's not lighting up the whiskey enough. You need a reflector behind the bottle to catch light and be visible through the liquid. Here's an example: Hit me. The bottle and both glasses have carefully trimmed pieces of Styrofoam standing up right behind them. The Styrofoam was trimmed just past the point of being visible from the front. The whole thing is sitting on top of a honeycomb in an 11 inch strobe reflector with holes cut in the seamless to flash the Styrofoam.

Joe

This is another 1 that i took but didnt like it as much but the liquid is lit up more

Hennessy by Allenc873, on Flickr

Most reactions

New Topics

Back