TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.petecrawford.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've recently been getting a
WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR which is causing the dreaded Blue Screen Of Death in Windows 10. It only happens when Lightroom is open, checkdisk is ok, gaming is fine but I have 800 photos left to edit and my computer keeps crashing. As far as I can tell all drivers are up to date, no overclock and no heat issues.

Checking the minidump it appears that hal.dll is causing the crash but ntoskernal.exe seems to be an issue too. Any ideas?

If Lr is the only program crashing have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Lr?

not yet mate but that makes sense, I'll try that before I do a roll back

Just a thought, but what version 10 are you on?

Version 1903 is the latest. I've stayed on 1803 skipping 1809 because of reported issues. Now that supposedly the bugs are out of the 1903 version, I'll be updating in the next week or so. There are some features in Lr latest update that weren't compatible with 1803, but I didn't really need them anyhow. If your problem started after a Windows update, you may still need to roll back, or update to 1903.

I rolled back to the previous version of lightroom tonight and that seems to have fixed the issue. I'll have a play about with windows tomorrow and see if that fixes it as well. Thanks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back