Demers18

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Guys,

I was curious to know when you had that "Aha" moment?

Whether it be an understanding of such for a specific element of photography or even a discovery of self style.

The reason I ask is because l had my first "Aha" moment this past week and it was a great feeling. I know this may seem quite basic but I finally understood DOF and how to incorporate it with in a photograph. Before this I had an idea of what it was but didn't fully understand it. I now know and understand how integrate it into a photo intentionally to achieve the result I'm looking for.

My 'aha' moment was so long ago I forgetted it.

Last year. I was dog related lol.

I'll probably have it on my death bed
acpggfze6cku.pnh

goddamn counter's back...WTF?!?!?
acpggfze6cku.pnh

My exposure epiffany I still remember. It all came together when:

I was reading about night photography. I saw this video in which the guy suggested, in order to get the correct exposure, that I take an "initial exposure" with very high ISO, large aperture and the correct shutter speed. Basically just let in as much light as possible THEN, I would just re-calculate into the exposure that I needed for my shot. That was when I truly understood how it all relates to each other, and how I, as the photographer, can take advantage of that and use it in practice.

Demers18 said:
Dog related? What breed? Lol

Bulldog.... More so the ancient bulldog before they came to the states. The old school style dog that most, if not all, of our bull, bull and mastiff breeds came from. After the alaunt. It's wayyyyyyyyyyy to much to type and you would have to be knowledgeable in dogs to follow.... ( not saying you aren't but it will be much much easier.)

Mach0 said:
Bulldog.... More so the ancient bulldog before they came to the states. The old school style dog that most, if not all, of our bull, bull and mastiff breeds came from. After the alaunt. It's wayyyyyyyyyyy to much to type and you would have to be knowledgeable in dogs to follow.... ( not saying you aren't but it will be much much easier.)

Just so happens that I know a thing or two about dogs... Mainly German Shepherds but still know about dogs... Must admit you've peeked my curiosity so please continue
Are you talking about the Old English Bull Dog that stems from the Alaunt?

Demers18 said:
Just so happens that I know a thing or two about dogs... Mainly German Shepherds but still know about dogs... Must admit you've peeked my curiosity so please continue
Are you talking about the Old English Bull Dog that stems from the Alaunt?

The bullenbaiser and selective breeding for specific traits that made the breeds today. Whether it be the alano espanol, the presa canario, dogue de bordeaux, American pitbull terrier, boerbel, etc. All the same dog a centuries ago... Man influences evolution.... Sometimes recessive genes resurface and you can end up with a dog that has a fault ( figuratively speaking,) or characteristics not normal for the breed... Supposed to be culled.... Ahhh enough for the night. This is a camera forum. If you want pm me and I'll be more than happy to carry this on...

Btw I love the Alsatian wolf dog.... I have one myself.

Mach0 said:
The bullenbaiser and selective breeding for specific traits that made the breeds today. Whether it be the alano espanol, the presa canario, dogue de bordeaux, American pitbull terrier, boerbel, etc. All the same dog a centuries ago... Man influences evolution.... Sometimes recessive genes resurface and you can end up with a dog that has a fault ( figuratively speaking,) or characteristics not normal for the breed... Supposed to be culled.... Ahhh enough for the night. This is a camera forum. If you want pm me and I'll be more than happy to carry this on...

Btw I love the Alsatian wolf dog.... I have one myself.

Those are very nice dogs.

Anyone else care to share their "aha" moment?

It was about 1988 and we were watching MTV when I first saw Aha. I love that video still.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back